19) feelings

IZZY FELT GUILT AND fear kick in to the back of her mind. Peter had found her, and even worse, stated exactly what she had feared.

Izzy was worried about him. She didn't have feelings for him, but he was a good friend. He had been hurt so many times in his life, and Izzy didn't want to be one of the reasons why.

She kicked her phone under her bed and went downstairs to find Anthony. To her surprise, he was coming up the stairs to find her.

"I saw the comment," he said.

Izzy sighed. "I don't know what to do."

Anthony kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, we'll figure it out."

Izzy weakly smiled as the two walked into Anthony's room. "So, what is it with this guy?" Anthony asked.

"He was my best friend at my school in Queens," Izzy explained. "We were polar opposites, but that's what made us such a great team. Towards the end of eighth grade, he told me that he had feelings for me, and I didn't know how to react, so I didn't speak to him for the rest of the school year. It was two months later when my mother died, and I heard that he was trying to get in contact with me, but I ignored everything. I still feel so guilty. I should've tried to talk to him." She buried her head in her hands.

Anthony rubbed the back of her head comfortingly. "Why don't you talk to him about it now? You'll feel better."

Izzy shook her head. "I couldn't. I know I've probably hurt him. He was already going through so much, but he made it easier for me and my mother after she got diagnosed with cancer."

"It's your choice," Anthony said. "Don't talk to him, and feel guilty the rest of your life. Or, talk it out with him, and you can understand what's happening on both sides of the story."

"I know what I'm going to do," Izzy said, taking a deep breath. "I'm not going to talk to him. I'm going to forget him, and move on with my life. I have more important things to do than worry about a stupid boy."

"That's the kind of thinking I like," Anthony said.