47) interview

JAMES CORDEN: Everyone, please give a warm welcome to the stars of the Broadway hit Hamilton: Daveed Diggs, Christopher Jackson, and Leslie Odom Jr!

JAMES CORDEN: First of all, I would like to say that you are all extremely talented actors. Especially, you, Daveed, because you play two different people!

DAVEED: Thank you. And yeah, Lafayette and Jefferson are two completely different people. Lafayette was an immigrant who came to America speaking no English, while Jefferson was a rich guy who traveled to France, and he also had a bone to pick with Hamilton.

JAMES CORDEN: What makes Hamilton so much more amazing is that you have people of all different races portraying America's founding fathers!

CHRIS: Yeah, I loved the idea! There are so many plays and movies and TV shows of white guys playing white guys, and I think having people of color portraying people like Thomas Jefferson and George Washington is great to inspire kids.

DAVEED: I agree. If I saw a black man portraying George Washington or James Madison when I was kid, it would've changed my life.

LESLIE: It feels amazing to be inspiring a new generation of kids.

JAMES CORDEN: Let's talk about you, Leslie. You play Aaron Burr, and you are absolutely incredible. The Room Where It Happens is a total showstopper!

LESLIE: Thank you! It's probably my favorite part of the show every night.

JAMES CORDEN: And you, Chris, play George Washington, and you have an amazing voice. I'm pretty sure there were tears rolling down my face during One Last Time.

CHRIS: Thank you! I love playing one of the most iconic people in our country's history.

JAMES CORDEN: Before we cut to commercial break, I want to ask about the girl you adopted. Her names Isabelle, right?

DAVEED: Yep. Isabelle Ferguson Ramos Jones. But when she officially gets adopted, she'll be Isabelle Ramos.

JAMES CORDEN: I take it that Anthony Ramos will be legally adopting her?

CHRIS: Yeah, but we're all a family to her. She's become close to everyone in the cast in some way.

DAVEED: She's a ray of sunshine, and we're all so thankful for her. Every day brings a surprise.

LESLIE: She's also very talented, but doesn't even know it.

JAMES CORDEN: It's great to hear that the cast of Hamilton is doing so many amazing things. Stick around for more from Daveed Diggs, Christopher Jackson, and Leslie Odom Jr! You won't want to miss it!