28) caught

IT WAS WEDNESDAY. THE busy day in the Ramos/Jones household. The two show day.

Isabelle was awoken by Jasmine at 10:35am. Normally, she didn't sleep so late. But, last night they stayed out until 1am.

Isabelle got up, took a shower, got dressed, and headed downstairs for breakfast. Anthony was making egg and cheese biscuits. "Today's gonna be a long day," he said.

"I know," Isabelle replied as she munched on her biscuit. "I've been with you guys for about a month now. I know what the two show days are like."

They headed out the door at about 11:00. They wanted to get to the theatre before the Ham4Ham so that they weren't stuck in the crowds.

The subway ride took about 45 minutes to get from Brooklyn to Midtown Manhattan (that's the NYC subway for ya). When they got to the theater, a large crowd was forming outside, but Anthony, Jasmine, and Izzy were able to sneak past it and go in the back door.

When they got inside, Lin excitedly stopped them. "Guess who is coming to see the matinee!"

"Who? Alexander Hamilton's ghost?" Jasmine sarcastically asked.

"No. Chris McCarrell! From Les Mis!" Lin exclaimed.

Izzy could hardly believe her luck. She loved Les Mis, and now she would have the chance to be face to face with one of her favorite actors. "Really?"

"Really!" Lin said. "He's really coming!"

Anthony smiled and nuzzled Izzy's hair. "Now you'll get to meet your favorite actor," he said.

Izzy beamed and ran into Oak's dressing room. "Did you hear who's
coming to see the show?!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, I figured it was someone from Les Mis when I heard you scream," Oak said.

Izzy couldn't stop smiling. "I just can't believe I'm going to meet him! If he knows who I am, I will die!"

"Don't die," Oak said. "You've still got a long life ahead."

Izzy watched the Ham4Ham crowds out of Oak's dressing room window. They were insane, and extended all the way across the street.  The NYPD had to monitor the barricades to make sure nobody got into the street. Izzy couldn't believe how huge the crowd was for a five minute skit done by Lin and the cast. Although, most people were there for the lottery.

Around 1:30, everyone started getting ready for the show. The cast put their costumes on and got hair/makeup done.

Izzy was laying down in one of the spare dressing rooms when she heard the "dun dun dun dun dun dun dun" from the beginning of Alexander Hamilton, which signaled the show was starting.

During every show, Izzy loved to sit and listen to everything that was going on. Sometimes, she would go out and hang out with the cast. But, most of the time, the music of the show lulled her to sleep. And, this time, that was the case.

Izzy fell asleep during Guns and Ships and woke up to the loud applause during the curtain call. Then, she remembered that Chris McCarrell would be coming backstage after the show!

The first person to come into her dressing, or sleeping, room was Anthony. "Hey, I came in here during intermission, but you were out like a light," he said. "You might want to come out of your hibernation now."

"Why?"

"Come out and see for yourself," Anthony said, smiling.

Izzy walked out to see CHRIS MCCARRELL signing the Hamilwall. "Oh my god!" she whispered.

Next to Chris was a younger boy, who looked about Izzy's age. He looked shy and was clinging on to his brother. He did look very excited to meet Lin.

"Hey, Chris," Anthony said, gesturing towards Izzy. "This is Isabelle, your biggest fan."

Izzy blushed red as she shook is hand. "Yep, I'm Isabelle. Please, call me Izzy."

"Well, hello, Izzy," Chris said. "I'm pleased to hear that you're a big fan of my show. My little brother here, James, is a big fan of Hamilton."

Chris gestured to the boy Izzy had noticed earlier. He was kinda cute, but he was very shy.

"Hello, James," Izzy said.

"Why don't you two go in my dressing room and get to know each other better?" Lin said. "Chris and I have to talk about a top secret project."

Izzy led James into Lin's dressing room.

"So, James," she said. "What do you like so much about Hamilton?" She was never very good at small talk, nonetheless with a cute boy.

"I love the music," he said, blushing. "I think music really is the spectacle of every musical."

"So do I," Izzy said. "I'm pretty sure that's why they're called musicals."

For the next hour or so, the two teenagers chatted about everything under the sun. TV shows, movies, favorite places in NYC, dream vacation spots, etc.

They rambled on and on to each other. As they rambled, James realized that Izzy was adorable. Her laugh, her smile, the way her eyes sparkled in the dim light.

James realized he had to make the first move. He leaned in to kiss Izzy on the cheek, in a friendly way, just as the door opened.

_____________________

just so you guys know, chris mccarrell does not have a little brother named james. i made him up for the story. he will be portrayed by tom holland.

i kinda based him off of my crush lol