134) reminisce

IZZY SLOWLY ROCKED CAMERON, or "Cam" as she called her, back in forth in her arms as Jasmine slept. It was late at night, and the only other person awake was Anthony, who had gone to the bathroom.

Izzy couldn't process it all. Jasmine was okay. She was alive and healthy and so was Cam. Izzy couldn't believe how small and adorable Cam was, and she noticed traits of both her mother and father in her.

Cam had Anthony's curly hair, that was for sure. The doctor also said that freckles are very possible to appear in the later months, because they're not noticeable right away. Anthony was practically ecstatic, he had always wanted a baby that looked like him.

Izzy was also very nervous. She had just turned fifteen, and now she had a baby to care for. She was also thinking about college. What if she got a scholarship far away in the coming years? Or, what if she didn't go to college at all? What if she chose to stay behind and help with Cam?

As if on cue, Anthony walked out of the bathroom, taking Cam from Izzy's arms. "I'm gonna lay her down in the crib," Anthony said. "You should get some sleep."

"So should you," Izzy said. "I've never seen you so exhausted."

"Well, Jas has been in labor for the past three days, and I made a promise that I'd be there for her," he said, smiling.

Izzy smiled in return as Anthony kissed Cam's forehead. She had never really gotten to experience the love a father had for his daughter. Now she knew.

"I swear to God, if anyone hurts her..." Anthony said, making an angry face. "If anyone hurts you or her, I'll kill them myself."

Izzy chuckled. "Well, I'm gonna go to sleep on the old couch now. Are you gonna sleep with Jas in her hospital bed tonight?"

"Yeah," Anthony said. "Why don't you crawl in with us? The bed is really big."

"Yeah, okay," Izzy said. "It's better than the lumpy couch."

Anthony carefully laid down in between Jas and Izzy, with Cam in his arms. He gave them each a kiss on the forehead and whispered "I love my girls," as they all fell asleep cuddled up with each other.