12) showtime

ANTHONY RAN INTO IZZY'S room excitedly. He turned on the light and dragged Izzy's covers off her bed.

"Anthony, why are you waking me up so early. What time is it?" she groaned.

"Showtime, showtime, yo!" Anthony sang as he opened the window blinds.

Izzy let out a loud groan and placed her pillow over her head.

"Okay, in all seriousness, it's 2:26 in the afternoon," Anthony said.

Izzy sat up, confused. "Shouldn't you be at the matinee?"

"I got the day off," Anthony said, smiling. "Jasmine didn't, though."

"Oh," Izzy said, laying back down.

"Oh no no no, missy," Anthony said. "You are getting up out of your bed and we're going to have some big brother-little sister bonding time!"

Izzy let out an even louder groan.

"C'mon, Izzy!" Anthony said. "You've only left your bed one time since your period-"

Izzy cut him off. "You wouldn't want to leave your bed either, if you were bleeding out of-"

"I don't need the gross details," Anthony said. "Please get up. We could go out for lunch together, before Jazz gets back. You know, just the two of us."

Izzy sighed and got up to start getting dressed.

"I know this really good restaurant in lower Manhattan near the-" Anthony started.

"We can't go anywhere in lower Manhattan," Izzy pleaded. "Please, please not lower Manhattan."

"Why, what's so bad about lower Manhattan?"

Izzy took a deep breath. "Look, we just can't go around there, okay? Just- bad memories, that's all."

"Oh, okay. We can just go to that Chipotle around the corner."

"Yeah, that sounds good. By the way, I'd appreciate it if you aren't in here when I get changed."

"Oh yeah, sorry." Anthony left the room and closed the door.

Izzy walked over to her nightstand and picked up the photo frame that held the only picture of her father that she had ever seen. He was handsome, with perfectly combed blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Even though Izzy took much more after her mother, she could see that she had some of her father's features. She gently stroked the image of her father before setting it back down on her nightstand.

___________________

"I HAVENT HAD CHIPOTLE in like, forever," Anthony says as he gobbles down a steak bowl.

Izzy can't help but laugh. He's eating like its his last meal on Earth.

"Mmm, Chipotle is SO GOOD! I WANT MORE!" he exclaims after finishing his second bowl.

"Dude, you've already had two bowls," Izzy said.

"I will never be satisfied," Anthony says.

Izzy sighs and finishes eating her chicken bowl. "Hey, can we get Starbucks? There's one right around the-"

"STARBUCKS?! HELL YEAH!" Anthony screams.

"Anthony, stop, you're embarrassing yourself," Izzy says.

They walk over to Starbucks. Well, Izzy was walking, but Anthony was skipping.

When they get up to the counter, Anthony orders a venti skinny iced mocha and Izzy orders a tall cotton candy frappucino.

"You know, this is probably the best day I've ever spent with you," Izzy says as they arrive at their apartment.

Anthony raises an eyebrow. "So, pranking the Times Square Elmo is the funnest thing you've ever done?"

"Yes and no. Anything's fun when I'm with you. It's just- I've never known what it's like to have a brother, until
I met you."

Anthony smiles and pulls her into a hug. "That's exactly how I want you to feel."