The Cruelest Twist Of Fate- Dui

You couldn’t have been happier on this crisp, clear night. You had everything you could have ever wanted. A loving husband, a warm home, and a life filled with smiles and laughter. You truly felt blessed. It hadn't been long since you married the love of your life and moved to the heavens to live with him. Though you still often make trips down to earth as that is your birth place.

It was like living a dream. A wonderful dream. One you wanted to last for eternity. Married to a god? Such things only happen in fairy tales and yet here you were living a life straight out of a book.

Every day you found yourself smiling. Dui was so much fun to live with and brought much joy to your life. He always made sure to place your first above all else. Dui never wanted to make you feel lonely or sad, he did his best to give you the family life you desired.

Sitting down at the table, the two of you enjoyed a homecooked meal together. Even though it wasn't required for Dui to eat, he always ate with you.

“Mm. You really are a good cook.” There was a pleasant smile on Dui's face as he cheerfully complimented you.

“You praise me too much. I still have much to learn.” You reply with slightly pink cheeks, feeling embarrassed.

It was always like this. Dui showering you with praise and you continuing to get embarrassed from said praise even if it was always heartfelt. You just couldn’t help but feel awkward about it. Though Dui couldn’t deny he didn't enjoy seeing you get all flustered over his praise.

“Still, your food is the only food I'll eat.” Dui said, bringing a fork full of food to his mouth.

With pink cheeks you turn your gaze to your plate to avoid eye contact. You could hear a little chuckle coming from his direction as he probably found your reaction adorable.

“Hey.” Dui suddenly spoke like he wanted to ask something.

You lifted your head to meet his gaze, looking curious, “Hmm?”

“We haven't really talked about it much before but…” Dui trailed off, thinking carefully on his next words, “What do you think about having a baby?”

“Huh?” Your eyes immediately widened at the word ‘baby’ you hadn't even thought about having kids at all at this stage. You thought it was something for the future, but here Dui was already thinking about having a child.

Dui's eyes crinkled into a kind smile, he seemed to be in a really good mood, “I'd love to have a baby with you. Kids are so cute and having one of our own would make me so happy.” His tone was so soft and kind, he really did seem fond about the idea of having a child.

“....” You were speechless. You couldn’t think of a proper way to reply to his heartfelt words. You blinked a few times in a daze, your eyes still on him.

“Sorry if this came as a surprise. I've been thinking about it for a while now. I really want to start a family together. I want to see our kids running around and their laughter filling the air. I know it's a big decision and not to be taken lightly…” Dui leans across the table placing his hand gently on yours, “But this is something I want us to do together.”

“Dui…” You softly whisper his name and close your eyes for a moment before opening them again and looking straight at him, “I want the same thing. I want to create a family with you.” You say with no hesitation this time, a tender smile on your face.

Though you were filled with uncertainty, hearing just how strongly he wanted to start a family with you removed any doubts you previously had. Your heart was telling you what you wanted; and what you wanted was to have a baby with him.