チェックメイト

~~~

Title: Chekkumeito/Checkmate

Pairing: Akaashi Keiji X Reader

From: Haikyuu!!

~~~

Chess wasn't really her thing, but Name had decided to try it out.

In the end, she was one of the best, making it through championships with ease.

However, there was one person that took her down.

And that was Akaashi Keiji.

Her loss was his gain, and she hated to admit that he was much better than her.

Ever since then, the two of them met every week for a daily chess match, which normally resulted in Keiji winning them with ease. But today, it was a different case.

You see, after a while, Name slowly started to take a liking to Keiji, and it was getting quite difficult to keep her facade up, as the two players would always end up inches apart as they stared at the board with intense intent to beat each other.

So she decided to finally confess to him, but in a different way.

Name had already known from Keiji's best friend, Bokuto Koutarou, that he too had liked Name, so she didn't really have much to worry about.

All she needed was the confidence to do her plan.

As per usual, they met at Keiji's house, which was much more empty and quiet than normal.

"My parents went out." he simply said, and Name nodded. Going to his room, the two sat down on the floor and began their game.

It was quite normal, with the silence blanketing them, but today, Name was putting up more of a fight.

This was all just to lure Keiji into her plan.

30 minutes passed, and it was down to the last wire. Both sides only had a few pieces, and luckily for Name, she had removed Keiji's queen and strategically placed a rook and two knights in place, some pawns as a back up.

Name's turn had finally come, and this was where she was going to end it.

Both were still sitting, but much straighter than normal. They were very focused on their game, and Keiji was staring at the board, trying to figure out what Name was going to move.

He hadn't spotted her plan yet.

"Keiji?"

He looked up. "Hm?"

'It's now or never.'

Grabbing his shirt collar, she pulled him over to where she was leaning and kissed him straight on the lips, moving her queen to the correct position while doing so.

Moving away for air, she smirked at his confused face as she let go of her queen.

"Checkmate."

Looking down, he finally realized her plan.

Name's queen was placed right in front of Keiji's king, just out of reach. He couldn't move in any direction, as her queen, rook, and knights covered any spots that he could go to.

A rare smile crossed his face as he saw her plan. "You sly bastard." Chuckling, he looked up at Name's face. "I think that's against the rules, isn't it? You can't distract your opponent in any way."

Name's face slowly contorted into shock, not only from the sudden rule placed on her, but the face that Keiji was making.

"I think you deserve a punishment, don't you?~"

.

.

.

.

.

Let's just say that Name had to cover up her neck with a scarf the next day.

~~~

Winkwinknudgenudgetheytotallyhadamakeoutsession