脱獄

It has been forever since I did one of theses, but because I'm currently not inspired enough to do one of my stories, I'll make a one shot instead.

~~~

Title: Datsugoku/Jailbreak
Pairing: N/A
From: Vocaloid

~~~

"Hey, how far are you on the plane?"

"I just finished it!"

Two boys were in an old, run-down building, hiding from the police. They were fed up with their antics, and after a few complaints from the residents, they were searching for them in every corner.

One of the boys had black hair and orange eyes, and his name was Kuina. A mechanic at heart, his father was a police officer, and with all the trouble he had caused, the two of them weren't on good terms.

The other boys had orange hair and black eyes, and his name was Kawasemi. His mom died giving birth to him, and his dad ran away soon after, leaving him in the hands of the orphanage. The two boys had met when Kuina saw Kawasemi in the alleyway, and offered him to say at his place. Best friends ever since then, both of them were mischief makers. But with the police on their tails, there was no time for that anymore.

The city that they lived in was old and required many mechanical things to keep it running. Walkways and platforms connected buildings together, and they were very good getaways. Police patrolled the city everywhere, making sure that no one would escape.

Why?

It was because of the giant cage covering it.

The cage was to protect them, as what everyone said. No one was allowed to enter or exit, due to the presumed dangers outside. If the suspicion of someone trying to leave was reported, they would capture them and get the truth.

If they were escaping, then they would be executed in front of everyone.

And that was exactly what Kuina was trying to do.

He didn't care, he just wanted to get out of the hellhole.

With the blueprints of the city cage in his hands, searching for weak spots, he made Kawasemi build a model plane for him. Being a tinkerer, Kawasemi wasn't really into the idea of escaping, but if it made his only friend happy, then he would do it. Finishing it up, Kawasemi was about to hand it to Kuina when the sound of the door being banged on alerted them.

"The police are here." Kuina grumbled, and Kawasemi gave him a worried look.

"What do we do?" he asked, and Kuina grinned.

"Let's run away."

Grabbing Kawasemi's hand, the two started to run up the nearby stairs just as the lock on the door broke. The police flooded in, guns out as the two boys ran along the pathways. Managing to escape, they sat against a wall, their breaths coming out in white puffs.

"To think that we had promised to find love outside of this place, it seems nearly impossible now." Kawasemi breathed out, his hand outstretched to the caged sky.

"I know. We might kill ourselves if we indulge in this dream too much."

The two never saw each other ever again after that day.

~~~

10 years had passed.

Kawasemi adopted Kuina's old dream of escaping the city from long ago, and had finally finished it. All he had to do was choose when he wanted to go.

In the moonlight, he looked at his blueprints once more, hoping that he had did everything right. The old building was his new home, and would be his last.