~~~

Title: Ai/Love

Pairing: Tsukishima Kei X Reader

From: Haikyuu!!

~~~

An AU where you and your soulmate wear matching necklaces that get hotter as you get closer. Once you meet, it permanently glows.

~~~

Kei Tsukishima glared at the dark blue quartz hanging around his neck.

He had never liked the idea of soulmates, but he did need to find his. His brother, Akiteru, had told him about the concept of soulmates. How each person would be born with one, and had to find each other with the matching necklace around their neck. If they didn't find them in time, they would die of heartbreak. The heart needed love to live.

Kei didn't want someone to die because of him, so he set off on a quest to find his soulmate.

But first, school.

~~~

Name stared at her soulmate necklace, seeing as to how it was glowing ever so slightly. She could tell that her soulmate went to the same school as she did, for it glowed every school day. In class, 1-5, she thought of a few club options that she could do. The due date was coming up and she needed to join one soon.

Luckily for her, she had joined one just before the due date.

The boys' volleyball club manager, Kiyoko Shimizu, approached her on becoming the next manager, and Name agreed. The two were close family friends, so Name thought that it would be good if she did Kiyoko a favour. Name knew a lot about volleyball from her older brother, so it would be easy for her to help out with the team.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the day, and Name packed all of her things. Getting out of the classroom, she walked to her locker and grabbed her stuff when she was approached by Kiyoko.

"Name, I'm supposed to show you the team today." she said, and Name nodded, following her to the gym. As they walked, Name noticed that her necklace was getting hotter and hotter as she got closer to the gym. The heat was so strong that she had to hold it away from her neck in order to not burn herself.

Being too distracted by her necklace, Name didn't notice that they were already at the gym, and was shaken out of her trance when Kiyoko opened the door, announcing her presence. "Everyone, this is Name Last. She'll be taking over as manager when I leave. Name, this is the team." All the members came over to her and introduced themselves.

"Daichi Sawamura. I'm a wing spiker and the captain of the team."

"Sugawara Koushi. I'm a setter and the vice-captain."

"Asahi Azumane. I'm a wing spiker and the ace."

"Ennoshita Chikara, I play as a middle blocker."

"Kinoshita Hisashi, same as Ennoshita."

Narita Kazuhito, same as Kinoshita."

"Nishinoya Yuu. I play as the libero."

"Tanaka Ryuunosuke, the best wing spiker!"

"Hinata Shouyou! I'm a middle blocker and the decoy!"

"Kageyama Tobio. Setter."

"Yamagushi Tadashi. I'm a middle blocker and a pinch setter."

And the last one...

"Tsukishima Kei. It's nice to meet you, soulmate."

Everyone froze, and Name looked over to see that Kei had the same necklace as her's and both of them were glowing brightly, no longer warm. "Eh?! You two are soulmates?" Shouyou yelled in shock.

"And you got such a pretty one too! Look at her H/C hair and E/C eyes! They're so amazing!" Tanaka added, and Name blushed slightly.

"Hey, she's my soulmate, not your's so stop flirting with her." Kei said, clearly protective of Name. Flustered, she quickly responded to Kei. "Anyways, it's nice to meet you too. I'm interested to see how you play, so get started so that I can give tips, 'kay?" she said with a wink.

"As if I need any tips." Kei grumbled as he got ready. "Just shut it. I'm sure you have lots of things to work on, especially on things you don't know about." she retorted, and Kei simply huffed, going back to his place on the court.

"Geez, who knew that my soulmate was such a jackass." Name mumbled, and Kei instantly turned around, a smirk on his face. "Oh, so I'm a jackass? Says the one who's a chibi." Name grit her teeth, an irk mark appearing.

"I'm not a f**king chibi!"

"Yes, you are! You're a head shorter than me!"

"That isn't that short!"

"I'm 188 cm, so of course that's short!"

"Well you hafta deal with it for the rest of your life!"

Let's just say that Name and Kei were perfect soulmates.