~~~

Title: Me/Eyes

Pairing: Karma Akabane X Reader

From: Assassination Classroom/Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

~~~

An AU where you have heterochromic eyes. One is your natural colour, while the other is the same as your soulmate's. Once the two of you meet eyes, you get both original colours back.

~~~

Name was quite interested in her soulmate.

Looking at the mercury-gold eye that stared back at her in the mirror, she compared it to her own, E/C eye. Red and yellow was quite a rare colour, and that meant that Name would have a harder time finding her soulmate.

Before she died, her mother had explained that everyone has heterochromic eyes when they are born. One is their own eye colour, and the other was their soulmate's eye colour. Once the two of you met and made eye contact, you would regain your original eye colour in both eyes.

Never in her life and she seen someone with mercury-gold eyes, and she was already 26. She had seen people with eyes that were close to her's, but not quite. Most of her friends had found their soulmates back in high school, and Name was practically the only one in her group of friends to have not yet found her soulmate.

"Name-chan, it's your turn." She was shaken out of her trance by her fellow co-worker, Futaba Hitoka. "You're taking Touka-senpai's shift as well, aren't you?" she asked, and Name nodded. "Yup. Tadashi-san said that I could do half of her's instead of her full shift, so at least that easier for me." she replied.

"That's still three hours!" Futaba exclaimed, and Name just gave her a convincing smile. "I'll be fine. He also cut an hour from my own shift, so it's even shorter. Better for you?" Futaba simply sighed, shaking her head as she walked over to the changing room. A smug look on her face, Name got to work, securing her apron.

Name worked at Chateau Mairieux, a café that was stocked with books and manga, allowing any customers to sit down and enjoy some peace and quiet reading. This was also a popular place for workers, for it allowed them to focus well. For her, this was a dream. She could have fun talking to customers, while making money for her brother's medical treatment.

She just hoped that she could get enough in time.

~~~

With an hour of her shift left, Name looked out the large café window as she reorganized the large bookshelf. Today wasn't as busy as normal, so Tadashi left her to lock the place up. The sun was setting, revealing the beautiful oranges and purples in the sky. No one was in the café, and if no one came in a few minutes, she would lock up early.

Just then, a man came in wearing a long, white coat with black glasses perched on the bridge of his nose. With messy red hair and mismatched eyes, he sat down, getting some paperwork from his bag. From the looks of him, he seemed to be only 2-3 years older than Name.

Carefully approaching him, as to not startle the doctor, she took out her notepad, a pen, and spoke softly to the man. "Welcome to Chateau Mairieux. Would you like anything?" she asked, and the man paused for a moment, his pen frozen in his hand.

"...An earl grey, please."

His voice was smooth and relatively deep. Needless to say, Name was certainly attracted him in those moments. "Of course." she replied, and got to work. Making his order, her thoughts were lost in her mind as she remembered a small conversation she had with her brother when she visited him last.

"The doctor's really nice to me, nee-chan! He's one of the best in the hospital, and I think that he's your soulmate!" Name's brother, Satoshi, exclaimed. "How are you so sure of that?" she asked, a gentle smile on her face. "Well, he has the same eyes as you, just that they've swapped positions, and he has glasses and red hair. You might see him in the cafe one day, because I've told him about it! His name is Karma Akabane."

"Karma Akabane, huh?" she mumbled to herself. Taking the tea bag out of the cup, she brought some cream and sugar along before walking to his table, setting it down. "Here you go." she said, alerting him of her presence, and he simply glanced at her hand before going back to work.

"Thank you."

Nodding, Name went over to the bookshelf and grabbed a copy of Harigane Service before walking back. "Do you mind if I sit here?" she asked, and without looking up, he answered. "Go ahead." Sitting across from him, she opened her book. Instead of actually reading, she pretended to while secretly spying on him, examining his face.

"You're Karma Akabane, aren't you?" she asked, and he finally looked up.

"How do you know that? I swear I took off my name tag..." he mumbled to himself, before realizing something. "The same..." they breathed out in unison, and in a split second, pain flashed through their eye, Name closing her mercury-gold one, and Karma with his E/C eye. Once it had dulled down, both of them opened their eyes to see that they didn't have mismatched eyes anymore.

"So our eyes are the same now, huh?" Karma mumbled, a slight smile on his face.

With both of his mercury-gold eyes back, Karma looked much more handsome than before, the colour contrasting well with his hair and glasses.

As for Name, her E/C eyes accented her H/C hair, making her look absolutely gorgeous.

"So, I guess my little brother was right." Name said, and Karma looked up at her. "You mean Satoshi L/N? The one who told me about this café?" he asked, and she nodded. "Yup. Lemme guess, he said something about possibly finding your soulmate here?" she guessed, and he nodded. "Almost the exact words. Now that you mention it, you two do look similar."

"Everyone says that."

With a large grin on his face, Karma put his head in his hand, leaning on it. "So, what's your name? All I know is that your last name is L/N, and besides, you already know mine." he said, and Name grinned back. "Name."

"Name, huh? That's a nice name." Putting his work away, he pulled his cup of earl grey closer to him and took a sip. "So Name, tell me about you. If we're soulmates, then we need to know everything about each other, don't we?"

"Of course."