Finale

I was wandering through a meadow, their were bright light rays from the sun flowing down through the treeline which made the sky look full and alive. The leaves were green but shone yellowy as the sun illuminated them, I realised I was walking through the Mystic Falls forest in Summertime.

Bright white daisies lit up the ground in a blaze of white petals and pollen which shone as it danced in the air like fragmented gold shards and glittered as it danced around me and landed on my skin sweetly. The air smelled fresh and clean like nothing bad existed here.

"Hello?" I could sense their was somebody there watching me, but their presence was not frightening and instead of being suspicious of their presence I welcomed them to be near me. They felt safe, and I wanted to get to know them. I smiled as a bird landed upon a flower before me, it was blue and had a small red diamond upon its chest and a small yellow beak. It chirped at me and I smiled, holding my hand out for it.

It felt perfectly normal when the bird started to vibrate, and the talons on the birds feet transformed into toes and the morphing rose and a woman in a velvet blue dress, a necklace with  a huge red garnet set in the middle of it rested on her neck and her hair was a rich brown with a single golden strand in her bangs. She was beautiful.

"Quetsiyah" Instinctively I knew who she was, and she smiled at me. Her eyes were fearless and open, honest like she'd witnessed something which had nearly brought her to tears. She held out her hand and I took it, we walked in silence for a while staring at the many beauties of this world which I knew was a figment of my imagination, this is where I used to go when I dreamed as a child. But I had thought I'd never visit this place again, Vampire's didn't have dreams.

"What you did for me was very brave" I looked to the floor and a pang of guilt showed in my face, making her pace slow to a stop as she came to look at me concerned.

"I'm sorry I had to use your past relationship with Silas like that, but I didn't know of anything else in his life he genuinely cared about" I couldn't look into her eyes, after using her name to make the man she had once loved think she wished him dead. The fact that she did wish him dead was irrelevant, it was cruel to make him believe that as his last thought.

"Hush Caroline, you did what was neccesary. That Silas was not the man I loved, and I doubt that he would have ever become that man again" Their was a reminiscent tone in her voice that told me she had truly loved Silas when she'd first met him, before losing her turned him into a monster.

"Quetsiyah, was what he said true?" She then looked to the floor, guiltily. That was all the answer I needed. I was now something of legend then? It felt weird to think I'd been depicted years earlier before even my grandparents were born, ridding the earth of an evil spirit. Fortune tellers were obviously good back then.

"Partly, but not many people remember the old scrolls. It was I who wrote it Caroline, only those as old as me or Silas would have heard of it" That did settle my nerve's, Silas was the last vampire from his time that I new of, and they wouldn't be able to sense that I was the Human-Vampire. I just had to be careful. Her palm touched my cheek and I looked up into her eyes which were full of knowledge and wisdom.

"Caroline, thank you. Because of what you did I and all the other witches can rest easy knowing he wont create a hell upon the earth" I nodded, I  found that had become a habit of mine recently, it seemed I hadn't known what to say too much recently.

"Qyetsiyah, when can I go home?" I knew it may come across as rude as this place was clearly prettier than any I'd seen in a long time, but I couldn't use that as an excuse to stay here when I needed to go home and assure my friends that I was alright.

"You have to wait until the moon is high, but I can make that take as long as you like, or it can happen now. I'm in control of this world Caroline, even if your imagination was its original creator" I smiled at her and watched as she smiled back. The sky changed from blue with powdery clouds to a dark rich blue that was encrusted with so many stars it wouldn't have been possible for even my Vampire eyes to pick them up.