Los Angeles - Klaus' City Of Lights

I was halfway there, but the trees were thinning out and my hunger was getting ever-stronger. I hadn't been able to have my morning cup of blood because of my argument with Tyler, and now I was beginning to get desperate.

As I zoomed in a blur through the few remaining trees I saw a sign saying that I had entered the town of 'EtreyVille' and I just hoped to God that I'd be able to get some clothe's here. As I darted across the road towards a shopping mall, using my vampire speed so nobody saw anything more than what was decent, I headed for a lingerie shop. I sped in checking it was empty. It was, all bar the poor young girl behind the counter, who looked like she was having a heart attack when I appeared in front of her.

"Oh my God" I saw her hand edge towards the panic button beneath the counter, but I was already compelling her. Her hand backed away, and she walked to the nearest rack, and brought me a matching set of pink and black lacy lingerie. The bra was a push up and not what I'd wear on a normal occasion, but how many time's would I have a chance to go to Los Angeles? I frowned at the bottoms, they seemed to be made entirely of lace, although thankfully, it wasnt a thong or a G-string, so I had nothing much to complain about.

I waited in the changing room, and then pulled the sexy underwear onto my body which seemed to have actually grown cold running at one hundred miles an hour through the cold fresh air. I cursed the fact that I no longer had a mobile phone, because calling Klaus would have been a much better option, at least he would have known I was on my way. I had no idea how to even find him...

"Thank you" I rushed out of the shop and across to one I recognised. Baba Fashion was a chain around these parts, and we had one in Mystic Falls before the shopkeeper was drained by Damon when he was in his 'trying and failing to get over Elena phase'. I seemed to remember they had really cute jeans.

Inside, I swept and almost laughed as the shop clerks eyes bugged out of his head. He was a highschool softomore I guessed, he had glasses and looked like the kind of kid who collected magazines and wrote fanfictions of dracula when everyone else was at a party, and I was pretty sure he'd never seen a girl in her underwear before.

"Heya there, sorry to be a bother, but I seem to have misplaced my clothes. Would you mind putting the closed sign up so I could pick something without prying eyes?" Before I had even attempted my explanation he had run to the door and flipped the sign, and he pulled the bolt across with a wink.

"Um, I don't suppose you could run and get me a drink, I'm positively dying for a coffee" I winked back playfully, using my hair to hide the hideous bite on my collarbone which was throbbing, I wondered if Klaus would notice how my hair had grown loads since he'd last seen me?

Oh God Caroline, your so obsessed!

I smiled at the boy as he disappeared into the back room, a wide grin upon his face. I knew that I had probably given him an experience he would be telling people about for years to come, and the idea made me smile. As I walked, using vampire speed once again, around the shop I spotted the sexiest pair of shoes I had ever seen.

They were bright red high stiletto heels, but they were covered in a soft velvet on the outside and the lining, and when I slipped them on my feet they felt like heavenly glovelike clouds. If I managed to survive this day, Klaus would definitely be seeing these when I forced him to take me out for dinner. After all the stress of today, and how much time I'd spent agonising over his departure, that dirty hyrbid owed me, big time!

As well as the heels, I picked a couple of respectable vest tops, and then a glamorous cocktail dress because if I was going to die today, I might as well have some fun first. My encounter with Silas had taught me one thing, life is short, and anything can happen, so I might as well have time before something or someone ended it.