Searching

I looked down at the face of the person who I'd woken up next to every morning for the last six weeks, and I sighed. I could see why I felt so strongly about him, we looked good together. Though any girl would be good looking with him on her arm. He was asleep and he looked so calm and peaceful.

"Morning gorgeous" His eyes popped open and then shock showed on his face. He looked stunned as to how I'd managed to straddle him without waking him up, but in this mode, I found using my Vampire skills a lot easier.

"Ca...Caroline? What the hell are you doing back?" He jumped up using his werewolf speed which was much clumsier than my own, and I watched in detail as he fell backwards onto his butt. I giggled playfully, I'd never taken the time to notice how funny Tyler was just be being himself before.

"Aww, and here I was thinking you'd be happy you hadn't killed me" He frowned  in a questioning expression about my sarcastic tone, but I just smiled hesitantly. I guessed, even though he'd told me nothing had happened between him and Hayley he'd been lying, and even though it didn't hurt anymore, I wasn't letting anyone humiliate me like that.

"Well you went running off to Klaus" I sighed, boys were totally the more melodramatic sex no matter what they said about us girls and our hormones, it was just way too easy to hurt or betray them. Especially with so many more out there.

"I did didn't I?" He looked towards me with both hurt and venom in his eyes and I smiled brightly, and I knew he could tell something was drastically wrong with me. No - not wrong, there was nothing wrong with this. This was fine. "Anyway Tyler, I thought you'd just like to know that I saw Hayley when I was away, and she told me to say hi. Well, she didn't, but thats all the gist I got between the thumps of her skull on the ground and her teeth falling from her mouth" I laughed excitedly, I'd been waiting since I first woke up to gloat to him about the pain I'd caused his friend and ex-lover.

"What?" I sighed and placed a finger under his chin lifting his face so he was looking in my eyes.

"I saw Hayley, and beat the shit out of her Tyler. What's hard to understand about that?" He frowned not knowing whether to believe me or not, but I just bobbed my head in front of him and thought about how he had a really hot body. Even without my emotions on I thought he was seriously sexy.

"Why?" He didn't sound outraged, which almost made me smile. I'd like to think that if she'd said that to him about me he would have given more of an outraged reaction, but the thought swept through my mind as quick as it had come.

"Because she informed me about the little rendez vous you had when you were supposed to be missing me? But I see you were far too busy to be thinking about me waiting for you" I wasn't annoyed, but I wanted him to know that nobody got to do this to me. Not even sweet but rash Tyler who'd captured my heart the day I helped him first turn into a werewolf at full moon.

"I um....I ... we were... I didn't know when I would see you again, if at all" I sighed at him and pushed my veiny eyes and fangs to the surface putting on my best pissy face.

"So you thought you'd jump the sluttiest bitch you found?" I didn't bother to give him a chance to answer. He looked shocked by what I was saying, and how venemously I was doing it, because sweet little Caroline would never have spoken to her sweetheart Tyler in such a way. "I understand Tyler, for a dog she's not bad looking, and its not like it really matters anymore does it? Its not like we're anything to each other anymore" His face dropped like I'd slaughtered a puppy before his eyes and his pain made me smile, bet he hadn't been thinking about my pain when I inevitably found out about him and the psycho bitch sleeping together.

"I'm sorry Care" I was at his doorway, and his apology only fueled the fire within me. If he cared he wouldn't have done it in the first place, I'd had plenty of chances to do things with Klaus but I'd always said no, even when I didn't want to, he could have at least done the same.