Captivity

"Nick why didn't you stay there?" Rebekah had a pissy pout on her face which made me scowl. We were stood in the forest knowing that this was a goodbye. I had said goodbye to Caroline Forbes for the last time, and then Rebekah had ruined my escape by blocking my way.

"Move!" I went to the left, and so did she. Then she moved to the right, just at the moment I did. I growled. Why did my family know me well enough to anticipate my every move. She didn't seem phased by my voiced annoyance and instead she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Nick, listen to me. Caroline is in love with you, I know you have waited a long time for her but you need to wait just a little bit longer. All you need to do is wait, we have so much time Nick that a few years to allow her to admit it to herself is not long to wait" I looked down at her, when did my little sister become so wise in the ways of love? In fact when did she become wise at all?

"It feels like forever Rebekah" I didn't realise how awful I felt until I said it out loud, six weeks I'd been trying to distract myself from Caroline's golden tresses and beautiful smile by claiming power and going up against Marcel, but to be honest, my heart had been in Mystic Falls with her.

"I know Nick, but she loves you. I know she does" I doubted the knew very much about my Caroline. Up until now they'd hated each other passionately and I didn't feel that Rebekah's or Caroline's opinion of each other would change that quickly.

"How, how do you know that Rebekah?" I was desperate for anything that would tell me something about how Caroline thought of me, any reassurance that I wasn't some huge inconvenience to her life. I knew she felt something for me, and I knew that since I knew her she'd become more comfortable being a vampire, but I didn't know what that meant to her, or what it meant for us.

"She told me Nick. She was heartbroken in that car and she told me she loved you. But she thought you hated her and that you'd picked your perfect nuclear family with Hayley and your son. She wouldn't listen to me either, she's so over emotional!" Rebekah tried to lighten the mood she way she quite often did, but I could tell that she was not amused.

"Something's wrong" Elijah's voice made me jump, which caused a small giggle to escape Rebekah's voice followed from a growl of retaliation from me. How dare she laugh at me, I was Niklaus Mikealson, the hybrid. Nobody laughed at me.

"Stop it!" Elijah's voice had a hint of something in it that I had not heard in a long time. I frowned and looked at him, his face was contorted in worry and then it settled on me. "There gone." I frowned again.

"What are you talking about?" Rebekah was the one to speak the thought that was in my head.

"All of them are gone. The lockwood manor, the Salvatore mansion, even the dungeon in the forest is empty. Something is wrong"  I felt my heart speed up, Caroline? Rebekah seemed to sense the tension because she summed it up with only one word.

"Shit" She bit her bottom lip, and then she fell to the floor still. I was shocked, but the ever organised Elijah was by her side as if he'd expected her to collapse. I frowned, he shook her body forcefully but I was already charging.

"What have you done with my brother!?" I was sat on his chest and I dug my claws into his neck. He laughed mockingly.

"Oh Klaus it was such a touching display between you and Caroline earlier. Shame it was ahead of time, you'll be seeing each other one more time before you have to say goodbye" And then I was unconscious.

When I woke up I was underground, that much I could tell because I couldnt' feel the presence of any small animals. But I could smell the different scents of many vampire's in the room and one werewolf. I opened my eyes and was surprised to find that I was in the Lockwood dungeon.