I

I stared out into the ocean, the constant wind blowing my wavy blonde hair behind me. I held my notebook tight to my chest. The moon's reflection against the moving water was beautiful, just like the moon itself against the millions of stars. Ranger, my dog, rested his head in my lap. He was a German Shepard. A service dog. My service dog to be exact. At the age of 14, I was diagnosed with social anxiety. So, Ranger is always by my side. He helps me a lot. "Mackenzie! I'm home!" I heard my dad yell from our beach house just behind me. I gave him a thumbs up in response, just hoping that he saw me. I looked out at the water one last time before standing up off of my bench. The warm sand swallowed my bare feet immediately. I walked through the sand with Ranger right behind me to the house. I opened the door slowly, bracing myself to face my dad. I loved my dad to death, but he was always tired and distant when he got home from work. He's a brain surgeon, which is one reason why we're blessed enough to live in such a wonderful home. The other is all of the life insurance money from my mom. She passed away last year from brain cancer. It was a long, hard battle for all of us, and she lost. Ranger ran past me and into the house excitedly. I walked in and to the dining room where I knew my dad would be. He was sitting at the table eating pizza, as expected. "Hey, Dad. How was your day?" I asked as I took a seat across from him. He sighed. "Same old, same old. Boring and long." He chuckled. I smiled as I grabbed a slice of pizza. "Have you been thinking about what college you want to go to?" He asked. I was only 16, turning 17 in about two months, but I was already graduated from high school. I was a huge nerd. "Not yet. I'm really leaning on A&M though." I said. He nodded in approval. He knew I didn't want to go to college until my birthday had passed, so he wasn't too pushy about it. "You got a missed call from Karen." He said, nodding towards my phone that laid on the table. I nodded. She was probably calling to tell me about her latest boyfriend trouble. Nothing I was interested in. Karen was my best friend. Well my only friend. "How would you feel about visiting London?" He asked. I paused for a moment, looking at him suspiciously. He knew that my favorite YouTubers, the Sidemen, lived in London. "Are you being serious?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. I smiled. "We leave Friday." He said, nodding. "Oh my gosh, Dad! This is great!" I yelled, reaching across the table and hugging him. He laughed into me. I pulled away, sitting back down, my smile never fading. "We'll be staying with your cousin, someone I've recently been talking to. He's really nice and he's into YouTube, like you." He said, pointing at me. "Really? What's his name?" I asked, taking a bite of my pizza. "Joshua Bradley." I inhaled quickly, making me cough. I put a hand to my chest as I continued to cough. My dad laughed at me. "Joshua. Bradley. You're not joking." I said. He shook his head. "Does he have a beard? And does he have roommates?" I asked quickly. "He has roommates and I think he has a beard." He said, nodding. I grabbed my phone and quickly pulled up a picture of Josh. If this was who it was, this would be one of my favorite YouTubers, Zerkaa. "Is this him?" I asked, holding my phone for him to see. "Yep. That's him." He said. I dropped my phone. "No. Way." I said, smiling. "Do you know him?" He asked. I nodded quickly. "That's a member of the Sidemen!" I yelled. Ranger barked at me. "Sssh. It's okay." I said, petting his head. My dad chuckled. "Well, I guess you'll get to meet your idols then." He said. "I'm related to Josh." I said, more to myself than him, leaning back in my chair, staring at the table. "I'm going to bed so Friday can hurry up and get here." I said, rubbing my hands together. "Don't forget to take your medicine." He reminded me, like he does every single day. "Yeah, yeah. Night Dad." I said as I walked out of the room, Ranger right behind me. I walked up the stairs slowly, still smiling stupidly. As much as I was excited about this trip, I was nervous, as always. What if they didn't like me? What if they hated me? They probably would anyways. They would probably be annoyed that me and my dad were staying with them. I reached the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I sighed at my reflection before opening the medicine cabinet and getting out my medicine. It was antidepressants that I take for my anxiety and my depression. I looked at the pill in my hands before popping it in my mouth and swallowing it. After that, I went straight to my bedroom and jumped in my bed, Ranger jumped on right beside me as I covered myself up with my big fluffy blanket. I plugged my phone into the charger and smiled to myself once more. This was going to be awesome.

A/N
I have returned with a brand new fanfiction! I hope you guys enjoy this first chapter and I'll be back with another at some point tomorrow. I hope you all have/had an amazing day because you all deserve it!!!

See ya! x