22. Aliens? Fairies? Angels? Who Knows?

En başından başla

"No, ma'am, officer."

"And what about, uh, a chill? Or did you smell any rotten eggs?"

"What? No, ma'am. Uh...I smelled flowers, though."

"You smelled flowers?" asks Sam. "What kind of flowers?"

"Flowery flowers."

I grimace. "Flowery flowers." I'm really tempted to shake this smelly homeless man because of his stupidity.

"Look. We all know what's going on here, okay?"

I see Dean close his eyes. "Don't say it."

"Aliens."

"He said it."

"Yeah he did," I sigh in annoyance.

"Dude was abducted," says our witness. "Believe me, I know." He looks up at the sky, and I roll my eyes. "May two-thousand-three. Those suckers, they grabbed me, and they probed me everywhere."

"Okay," I say, starting to back away from the guy who's really starting to annoy me rather than gross me out. "Thanks for your time."

"I'm talking everywhere."

My eyes scrunch, and my nose wrinkles. The imagery is scarring my brain, and I've been to Hell. But at least those I don't really remember right now. They aren't vivid in my mind like this guy's tale is.

"Well, the wheels just came flying off the bus," I say once my brothers and I are away from the witness.

"Yeah," Sam agrees. "No cold spots means it probably wasn't a ghost."

"No sulfur means no demons, so that leaves us with what? Couple of little green dudes and a bucket of lube?" I gag just saying that out loud.

Sam scoffs. "Or fairies. Or...angels."

"Ugh, I'd rather have the little green dudes," says Dean.

"All right, I'll go scope out J.P.'s place. You, uh—you ask around inside."

"Or you know what?" I cut in when I see the look on Dean's face. "We don't have to split up."

"No, no, no," Dean insists. "It's cool. I can handle a little Twenty Questions with the locals, okay?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, hey, look, it's a dive bar. It's my comfort zone." Dean dangles Baby's keys in front of Sam's face.

"All right," says Sam, who takes the keys. "Jo, you coming?"

"Since we just got rejected like we did, I guess so, Sammy." I look at Dean forlornly, patting him on the shoulder, before Sam and I head to the Impala. "Hey, mind if I drive?"

Sam gives me an odd look. "Sure." He tosses the keys, and I catch them nimbly in one hand as we exchange places. I climb in, adjusting so that I'm comfortable. It was rare for me to be upfront. But to drive the Impala, I don't think I've ever had that privilege.

"You got the address?"

"Yup."

It takes me a little bit before I get the feelers in the car. Once I do, I gun it a little bit down the road.

"This is between you and me, Sammy, okay?" I say.

"What are you talking about?"