Fairy Tail: Black Blood (Sneak Peek)

Meanwhile, across Ishgar, a large black mountain sat perched, the tallest of them all. It was the very one that many have attempted to go into to slay a beast so foul within it, all but one died when facing the monster that was protecting an unknown talisman within the cave's mouth. Wings of darkness, eyes of white, and claws for blood. A dark nose stuck up in the air and sniffed, the smell of death, onions, and tears. He recognized that smell, and sure enough it was who he thought it was as the shadow looked in through the cave, revealing the person in a robe as the moon shown like a globe outside. Zeref Dragneel.

    "What have you come here for, black wizard?" The black shape demanded, the moon illuminating him from the shadow faintly to show a man with tanned skin, blue hair, green eyes, blue markings, black clothes and a shadow for an arm.

    "Just wanted to check in on you. How are you faring, Acnologia? By the way, how's the arm?" Zeref said smoothly, smiling mockingly.

    "What are your true motives here, Zeref?" Acnologia demanded. "I've known you long enough to know that you have no care about me in the slightest. So, why are you here? To mock me?"

    "My my, someone's not in a very cheerful mood today. I wonder why.... Hm. Well, we both know what you're so grouchy about, Acnologia. Does it have to do with the fact that the being you fear most has returned?" Zeref mocked.

     "I, ACNOLOGIA, FEAR NO ONE! NOT EVEN YOU, BLACK WIZARD!" Acnologia shouted, the shadow behind him morphing into that of an enraged dragon.

    "Keep telling yourself that, Acnologia. After all, you did kill my family just because you feared my mother, right?" Zeref said, Acnologia growled. "A spineless coward who attacks from the shadows rather than head on. Is this seriously the 'strongest being' the world has to offer?"

    "Says the crybaby wimp who is begging his little brother to kill him," Acnologia shot back, the smirk on Zeref's lips vanished immediately. "You are granted with immortality, a power that everyone in the world wishes to have. And yet you spend it this way, alone and afraid for others when you could be having the time of your life as Earthland's supreme ruler. But of course, that would never happen, I would not allow it."

    "Again speaks the coward who hides in the shadows," Zeref mocked.

    "Mark my words, Zeref. You will die soon, and I'll make sure to wipe your beloved little brother off the face of the earth as well," Acnologia growled, morphing into a black dragon. "We'll see who the true coward is once I finish the last two Dragneels off!"

    "I don't intend on dying by the likes of you, Acnologia," Zeref remarked. "I created- no, resurrected E.N.D. for the sole purpose of killing me and to be on par with you. If you want to kill me and Natsu, then at least try not to be a coward about it." He turned and walked out of the cave, waving slowly. "Goodbye, for now, Acnologia. We'll meet again soon, but the next time we do, I'll make sure we have a special guest to play with us."

     Acnologia sat back and watched the man vanish in a mere instant. Seven "Dragons" left to slay and two more Dragneels left to burn until the world would be free of their filth. The Dragneels were the dominant threat to his dominance, especially Zeref. But his younger brother being E.N.D. would make things much more complicated. Then again, Acnologia always did love a good challenge, but being the top dog of the world didn't offer him much. This will be very interesting.

--To Be Continued in Fairy Tail: Black Blood--