Chapter Forty-Four: Cursed Flame Dragon

E.N.D.

     I was walking down the main hall of the guild hall, I looked through almost every millimeter of this place by now, and I've been trying to keep my presence as intimidating as possible. I couldn't help but wonder why I bother helping those humans, they have done me no favor and even considered looking down at me in pity. Pity! They would be the ones begging for pity when I'm done with them! I refuse to be looked down upon by an inferior species, I will slay them for my own amusement.

     But I will think of such later on, for now I sense Arbis and she seems to be hidden through out this building. It seems I have no choice but to make this building go up in flames. I concentrated on my energy and firmly rooted myself to the ground, I slowly raised my arms, tongues of fire fling off my body as I sent out waves of intense heat and cursed energy. For some reason I felt like I forgot something, something possibly in this building. Wasn't there something I used to have draped around my neck? No, scratch that, it must be de ja vu, the only thing important to me now was my life source, the book of E.N.D., whatever I had forgotten here would be of no use to me in the future. The book was safe so nothing else matters.

    "Fire Devil's secret art: gates of hell!" I shouted and clapped my hands together. Immediately, the fire all around me roared and turned to a crimson color that flew and circled all around me before initially exploding in all directions. I blinked, the fire was so thick that I couldn't see an inch before me. As a fire demon, I had clear vision through the fire. The ceiling was melting at a satisfying pace and the ornaments and other decorations were fraying and melting from the heat.

     I saw a fluffy brown demon fall through the room and land besides me, when I looked closer I saw it was Toro, the bastard that tortured me. His body was on fire and I saw his skin and body melt from the heat, the blood that spilled from his body made a mini ocean around his body. A sign of death but to me it was a mirror. I looked inside the puddle and saw myself. Pink spikey hair, black eyes with scarlet irises, dark red scales all over my arms, legs, chest, and face, my huge red wings and my dragon like talons for hands and feet. I still had my Tartarus symbol on my shoulder as well as the word "E.N.D." branded on my chest, I had one horn on my head now and I saw blood and bruises on my features. I smiled and licked the blood away from my mouth. I am still me, I am still a demon. But why do those things feel so unnatural to me?

     I kicked Toro's battered body through the wall and watched it fall. This entire guild hall was melting and fraying from the intense fire, I smirked and walked through the building, inhaling the smoke at my leisure. Still no sign of Arbis, and the demons outside are still fighting so it's obvious she isn't dead. I walked up the stairs and went to the highest peak of the tower where I remembered waking up from. The torture room and all, including the chair I remembered destroying. A long, scaly thing in the corner caught my eye. It was barely scathed by the fire, but it was still burnt with the fabric glinting. I walked over to it and picked it up, studying it. A white scaled scarf.

    "Dad..." I murmured unconsciously. I folded up the scarf and clutched it to my chest, for some reason, this old thing felt important to me. Scenes flashed to mind while I rocked it in my arms. A small, pink haired child laughing and joking with a huge fire dragon. Igneel.  I remember him all too well, he was the one who locked my memories in the book, but what was I doing with him? Why was I laughing with him?

    "Hello, E.N.D." I turned around and saw Arbis through the flame, her face was covered by a shadow with her eyes glowing red. She was smiling and her hands were on her hips. Usually I saw her wearing a violet dress but now I saw her in a white top and long jeans, she wore no shoes or socks and her green hair was held back by an orange head band, as if she's ready for a fight.