Chapter Thirty: Torture

~~Three week time skip, four days before prologue~~

     Natsu's POV.

     I was chained to the wall, my red Fairy Tail uniform was torn and my scaled scarf was still wrapped around my neck, thank god. I had this weird metallic head band on me that calculates my dark thoughts and sanity tracks. Everything hurts, they were using so many torture methods on me. Letting me starve for a few days and only feeding me when I feel my stomach chewing me from the inside-out. They would take me off the wall with the chains still on and beat me senseless. The one they're using on me right now is called "Loyalist". Well now I know what loyalist really was.

     Loyalist is letting you slowly wither from thirst and giving you water only when you need it, they would insult you and tell you how worthless you are, how Arbis only does this because she loves you. I didn't buy Arbis loving me for a minute, not after what she did to Kiminari. They made me watch as she edited her scroll, removing the humane emotions she was given during her creation. They made the once "failed project" into a complete one. When they summoned her, hey eyes were vacant like fish eyes, her body was tense and any emotion I could see, any at all that I searched for, they were all gone. It was like I was staring at a robot, at someone who gave up hope... at a mindslave...

     I was haunted at how Kiminari acts now. She's a moving corpse, she obeys Arbis with dead eyes and doesn't even hesitate. When I call out to her she ignores me. First Gray himself had a sick obsession on how to destroy E.N.D and now Kiminari, the one who used to be my friend, is broken and molded into someone I didn't even recognize. Twice now I lost friends to dark forces. I knew that the demons wanted to break me. I won't let that happen! Throw all you got at me, bastards! I won't go down!

     The iron door to my room swung open and three demons walked in. Screwdge, Cara and the weird spider man, Toro. Shortly after, a man with neon green eyes walked in, I think he was called Iwa? He had a few documents in his hands and I felt my skin pale and my spine tingle. Is he gonna make me study? NO! Of all the torture I've endured, if he's gonna make be so much as read as one book I'll feel much worse than I did when I had to toughen through the salt and goat torture method (Avatar Arc). The four demons looked satisfied with my reaction, Cara walked over to the door, closed it and locked it, Toro summoned torture weapons, Screwdge walked to the corner and telepathically spoke to Arbis.

    "Hello, Dragneel-" Iwa started, but I interrupted him.

    "No! No your not going to make me read!" I shouted.

    Iwa sweat dropped. "Uh what? What's so wrong with reading?" He asked.

    "Reading is hell! The words are so confusing and boring as hell!" I yelled.

    "NO! Reading is awesome! You learn new things and go on adventures!" Iwa shouted (A/N: We finally agree on something, Iwa).

    "How on Earthland is reading a few scraps of paper fun?!" I shouted.

     We began arguing over how good and how cancerous reading is. It's a complete waste of time and I'd rather slam my head against a brick wall multiple times than have to read so much as one page of a book! (A/N: How dare you, Natsu-kun... How dare you...) I must admit that this argument made me reclaim some of my sanity. It felt good to argue, it was like arguing with Gray but on a more serious matter: death by reading.

    "Would you two ladies shut up already?" Screwdge shouted, annoyed.

    "TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, BAKA!" Me and Iwa yelled back at him in unison.

     Cara and Toro watched on in amusement as me and Iwa continued our argument. Screwdge crossed his arms over his chest and looked beyond pissed, but somehow I found his expression hilarious and began laughing. Cara and Toro turned to the computer immediately and exchanged smiles. Iwa looked over to see what I was laughing at and when he saw Screwdge's face he also began laughing his ass off. I laughed until I was crying, Iwa just rolled on the floor laughing. Screwdge turned and left with a hissy fit and slammed the door.

    "Dude, his face was hilarious!" I gasped.

    "Yeah, we finally agree on something, salamander!" He smirked.

    "Ahem, Iwa, Master Arbis wants you," Said a new voice, we all turned to look at the door and saw Kiminari walk inside. Iwa stood up, brushed himself off, and left the room with Kiminari turning to follow him. Before she left, she winked at me.

     The expression lasted for an instant before she turned and slammed the door behind her, the door locking. Does that mean that this entire time she was playing along? I looked ahead of me and saw Toro gulping down some water right in front of me. I just now realized how thirsty I was, my saliva wasn't doing much good for me. How long has it been, two days? I dunno but all I did know was that I needed water. Toro seemed to notice this, he gave me a mocking smile and tipped over the bottle of water he was clutching. I watched the clear liquid spill to the floor and get sucked up by the floor drain.

    "Hey, Cara, how long have we had this bastard?" Toro asked the ice demon besides him.

    "Hm, a little over three weeks?" She answered.

    "See?" He smirked and turned to face me with a sinister gleam in all eight of his eyes. He crossed two of his arms and held out the other two. "It looks like when your friends found out about what you truly were they left you all to your lonesome. Eh?"

    "No way! They must be preparing! They would never leave me-" I yelled but Toro's laughing cut me off.

    "Would never leave you? Have you forgotten that humans only stick with their kind? That's why they ignore Exceeds and try to destroy demons," Toro said. "Humans are only good for three things, things that we call the three C's. Creation, Corruption and Conquering. They make things that benefit them alone, they corrupt those around them into thinking things they want you to think, if you disagree they'll throw you under the bus. And finally they conquer, if you truly know humans, boy, then you'd know how they conquer, eh?"

     I was silent for a few moments. I hate to admit it but it was oddly accurate, it was something I learned from Igneel about history. Humans were responsible for the death of dragons all over. Humans tear down civilizations because of disagreements, not caring about the lives they take. And I did know that humans did conquer lands...

    "What does this have to do with my friends?" I demanded.

    "Long story short, now that they know that your a demon. They'll probably kill you, I mean it is the reason why your friend, hmm Gary, is acting up, right?" He said and I flinched. "So the next time you might see them, they might be after you instead of us, to kill you for 'betraying' them. Sounds accurate, eh?"

    "I'll go report the good news to Master Arbis, you get on with the torture, Toro," Cara said.

     She took the laptop and held it open in front of her, she walked to the door and unlocked it, giving me enough time to read what she wrote. My sanity is at 77% and my aggressiveness and anger was a steady 86%. I watched her go, leaving me with the torture demon.