Chapter eight: The Mission

Lisanna's POV.

We finally arrived at the client's house, poor Natsu was constantly asking the train-lady to give him barfbags. Motion Sickness must really suck. We just jumped off the train with recovering Natsu with us. Happy, Zaura and Carla (who flew after us at the train station and begged to join) flew away to scout out dangers while we went to explore the town. There where houses made of brick to wood, the wood ones where under construction but even past that, there was no activity in the streets.

"Is it just me or does this place seem pretty abandoned?" Natsu asked, obviously recovered.

"No," I replied, I saw two heads of hair, black and brown, behind the window. They where the scared and amazed faces of children that popped up after I saw them. "But everyone's hiding."

"Let's ask that house," Lucy pointed to a large house with a red, yellow and gold flag billowing in the breeze. "It looks like it could be the mayor's."

We approached the house and I knocked on the door in a steady rythem. bum-ba-dum-dum-bump (A/N: Imagine someone knocking like that XD). An old man wearing a black tuxedo with the yellow gold and red banner draped around his right shoulder to his left waist, possibly the mayor. He was a small little guy, his left hand clutching a cane and his legs wobbling like weeds in the wind.

"Hello, you must be the FairyTail wizards I called for," the Man said, he sounded younger than he looked.

"Yeah, I'm Natsu and this is Lissana, Lucy and Kiminari, we came about the bulkan problem?" Natsu said.

"Ahh yes-" the Man flinched when he examined the crew, his oynx black eyes glued on Kiminari, worriedly looking at her tattoos.

"Don't worry, those are just for show," Natsu said semi-protectively, he seemed to notice the man looking at Kiminari.

I felt Lucy flinch besides me in rage. I can relate to her, I know how much she cared for Natsu, he may not seem to be the boy I knew as a kid, but I still cared for him.

"I see, what an interesting tactic, anyways come in and let us discuss our matters," the Mayor said, backing away enough for everyone to go in. Natsu walked in first, then Kiminari, then Lucy and finally me.

"So, what about these bulkans?" Natsu asked seriously as he plopped down on the bear-furred sofa with Kiminari to his left. Me and Lucy sat away from them, we where both listening to the mayor and glaring a our newest member.

"These bulkans currently possessed three of our strongest mages, as a wizard myself I attempted to defeat them. But I wasn't as young as I used to be, I had my grandson come save me, I couldn't even leave a scratch on it.." the Mayor sighed in regret and sadness.

"You seem to blame yourself for the trouble, please don't. You tried to protect your town and I bet their greatful for that," Kiminari smiled.

Me and Lucy made an irritated tch  sound. We glanced at each other and seemed to be thinking the same thing. What a suck-up.

"Well tell us where these bulkans are and we'll beat them to ashes!" Natsu and Kimnari exclaimed in unison. They looked at each other shocked and chuckled.

I tried to clasp my mouth shut to stifle a gasp, I looked over and saw a raged expression in Lucy's eyes. Love Rival!  Was written in her eyes though it didn't reach her face.

Please don't go Juvia on me, Lucy-san... I thought.

"Anyways, yes. I will tell you where their lair is, but please don't kill them. Other than me and my Grandson, their the only wizards here," the mayor sighed.

"Promise," Natsu smiled.

"He overdoes his tasks," Lucy whispered into my ear. "He can't keep his promises when it comes to not  emitting destruction."

I chuckled as the Mayor handed me the map. "I trust that you'll be victorious," He said with a smile.

"Anytime, old timer," Natsu smirked and stood up. "We're gonna teach these bulkans to never ever possess mages, especially FairyTail, we're gonna be the ones to teach 'em!"

Me, Lucy and Kiminari stood up and cheered. Natsu held out his fist and I was the first to fist bump it. It felt so good to be with Natsu.

"Natsu!" we turned to see Happy glide in with Carla and Zaura. "We found out where they are right now!"

"Good job, now we have two path-finders so we're sure to be victorious!" Kiminari cheered.

"Yeah whatever, let's go," Zaura snorted and flew out. Me and Lucy ran out with Kiminari and Natsu behind us. Happy and Carla quickened their flight pace until it was evenly matched with Zaura's.

We laughed and followed them.

----

Natsu's POV.

I saw the glares Lisanna and Lucy gave Kiminari, I bet they still don't trust her. She should be treated like family, after all that's what she seeked in the first place. She reminds me a lot of me. Always trying to live up to other's expectations, be strong when in all reality your just trying to prove to yourself that your strong.

We followed Happy and Carla to wherever these Bulkans where supposed to be. I told Kiminari that I was gonna test her strength (since Master basically made me her watcher, to make sure she's not really a demon), if she where to show her strength, I can tell FairyTail about her and they can finally treat her like family. For now, I'm pretty much her only company. When she's finally gonna be accepted, I can leave her to her life and return to mine.

"Oii! Natsu-san!" I turned to Kiminari , she was sprinting right besides me. "We're gonna kill these things?"

"Yeah, we're gonna burn 'em!' I hollered, I held out my hand and she clapped her's onto mine. I saw Lucy narrow her eyes at us but I don't really care. She should know that I'm not the romantic type of guy. She and Lisanna both actually should know, especially Lisanna.

We soon arrived at the Mountains where the Bulkans where supposed to be.

"I'm fired up!" Kiminari yelled, lightning sparks emmiting from her fists.

"Stop using my tag-line!" I hollered in rage.

She just smirked at me, but then her teasing smile turned to a frown, I followed her eye's direction and saw three bulkans with gems on their foreheads glare down at us from the rocks high above.

"PRETTY LADIES!" they began screeching.

"Not again..." I sighed.

"Oh no, more perverts..." Lucy sighed.