Chapter Thirteen: Secret Unfolded

Lucy's POV.

I've been watching Kiminari ever since we returned to the guild, can't say she's all that suspicious except for one peculiar thing: whenever Kiminari talks to someone about outside life, Zaura usually comes and answers most of the questions for her. If they were keeping some kind of secret they weren't doing a good job about it.

I was sitting at the bar today, eating a tuna sandwich with a small side of vegetables and lemonade. Levy and the recovered Carla were sitting with me while I ate. I was trying to focus on my food but with Lisanna gone to the darkside, I only have Carla left whose truly on my side, and with her reputation with Zaura it's obvious she won't be switching any time soon. She's as suspicious of them as I am, it's still shocking why most of the guild considers her an "honorary member" of FairyTail. They must all be as empty headed as they were when I first joined the Guild...

"LUCY!" Levy practically shouted in my ear, I turned to face her.

"Huh? Sorry Levy, I got lost in thought again," I apologized, but her face was sizzling red in anger.

"Some train of thought you have, Lu-Chan! What's going on in there, I noticed that you've been staring into space for a while," Levy said, her voice loosing it's rage and switching to concern.

"I'm all right Levy-Sama, really, it's just..." My voice trailed off.

"What?" She asked.

"Are Kiminari-san and Natsu-kun dating?" I asked, not wanting to share my suspicions of Kiminari to someone who actually grew attached to her.

"No, why?" Levy gasped then her mouth dropped into an 0 shape.

Before Levy could say the signature sentence of Happy, Mirajane popped up behind the counter and beat her to the catch. "YOU LIIIKE HIM!" She yelled, I looked away as some members looked over but then went back to business.

"Mira-sama!" I whisper yelled. "What are you doing here!?"

"Eavesdropping of course! I love it when my OTP's come true!!!" Mira squealed in delight.

"Well, Nalu isn't gonna happen because of Kiminari," Carla added, she was strangely silent this entire time but now she's piping up.

"'Nalu'?" I echoed in confusion.

"Natsu and Lucy equals Nalu! And I will risk removing Kiminari-san from the Guild if it takes for me to get 33 Nalu babies!" Mira giggled.

I just looked from Mira to Levy in such confusion that I wondered why they shipped me and Natsu together. I blushed deeply and turned to look over at Natsu, he was fighting with Gray and Kiminari was sparring with... Erza? Natsu was winning so far but Gray came up and again to beat the snob out of him.

"Yeaaah..." I said slowly. Then I spoke at normal motion. "Do any of you guys find Kiminari suspicious?..."

Mira and Levy looked at me with red question marks floating above their heads, Carla was the only one nodding in agreement. I'm glad at least one person understands me.

"Phew, I thought I was the only one!" Levy giggled.

"Yeah," Mira sighed. "I'm glad some people understand me."

"You two thought Kiminari was suspicious but never said anything?" I gaped.

"Yeah, we were trying to gather suspicions but later on this week they'll be confirmed!" Mira smiled. "The Master already chose participants for the Grand Magic Games and he wanted me to go around and tell the participants about it."

"I'm guessing Kiminari is in it..." I sighed.

"Yep, team A consists of Natsu, Gray, Erza, you and Wendy. Team B is Kiminari, Me, Laxus, Freed and Gajeel."