Chapter Thirty-Two: Melee

Lucy's POV.

     I was writing my book at my desk when I found myself lost in thought. I stopped writing and leaned back against my chair to look at my ceiling. Looking at blank walls helped me think better. My thoughts were the instances of the protagonists and the problems throughout my book and me trying to come up with new problems, solutions and twists. I found myself drifting from that topic to the one of Natsu. I was surprised that he was surpassed by a water demon, but even more so that they thought Natsu was a demon. I've known him long enough to see that he is nothing like a demon. He had no bitter thoughts against humanity.

     It just now occurred to me that Natsu always wore a determined face or a smile, rarely do I see him without it. Does that mean that he's better at hiding his emotions than I thought?  The more I thought about it the more it made no sense. In our team, we all heard of each other's stories. My family problems, Gray's destructive past, Erza as a slave, but we knew nothing about our dragon slayer's pasts. I remember when Mira told me he was raised by a dragon and that was it. Even after his dragon, Igneel died, Natsu wore smiles so that supported my ideas. Maybe he did have some tie to the demons and that's why pretty much every dark force is after him, including the dark mage Zeref! Maybe that's a link to his past that I need to remember....

     Scratching noises at my window knocked me out of my thoughts, my heart soared with the thought of it being Natsu or Happy, especially Natsu, I would love to see him again! I looked over and saw a beautiful multi colored bird perched on the window. Seeing the white fairy tail guild mark on it's left thigh made my heart drop. It's only Lissana. I stood up and walked over to the window and held it open.

    "Hey, Luce!" Lissana giggled, hopping inside and turning back into her human form. She wore a yellow-green top and lavender colored shorts. When she said "Luce" my heart fell ever deeper down until it felt like it reached my feet. She recognized this and patted the spot besides her, offering me a seat.

    "What's wrong?" Lissana asked as I sat down besides her. I felt something wet on my face and lifted my hands to feel tears. "Uh? It's nothing..." I muttered in response.

     Lissana obviously wasn't satisfied with my answer, she held out her hand and rested it on my own. I looked up at her and saw her blue tear stricken eyes, she clutched my hand and made a small sniffing sound.

    "I promise you that Natsu's OK, alright, Luce?" She said strongly but I heard the tears quiver in her voice. "Natsu would want us to be strong for him and to not cry... Besides, I have good news!" She piped up suddenly with a wide smile on her face even though the tears kept rolling down her cheeks. "Master has made a plan with Zaura and the other Light Guilds in Fiore. Including Crime Sorciere!"

    "Really?" I whispered happily, feeling my hopes glue back together. "Yeah!" She giggled.

     She got up and hauled me off my feet. She grabbed my hands tightly. "He didn't tell me what the plan was but I think it will be very good and successful as always! Besides I'm all in for surprises!" She said brightly, I felt a giggle escape my lips and nodded.

    "Come on, let's go! The longer we stay the longer Natsu has to wait for us!" Lissana cheered, she turned into a multicolored bird again and jumped out the window. I watched her soar away, feeling my troubles have finally left, I grabbed my stuff and rushed over to the guild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Natsu's POV.

     "Your useless....

     Your worthless...

     Nobody cares about you...

     Your all alone..."

     Those were the thoughts that circled through my brain, swimming around and taunting me. Everyday since I got here, those negative thoughts haunted me and whenever I tried back firing at them, telling myself that my friends would come for me eventually, it would laugh me off. But now, I've been in here long and now I have no idea what to think. I let the emotions of anger and sadness go, letting the negativity taunt me and harass me with it's fuel of hatred.

     If my friends did care about me they would've come and get me by now, right? I risked my ass so many times I couldn't even remember the number, but all I did know was that I went through struggles being both thick and thin to save my friends. And here they are, not coming to get me at all and seemingly allowing me to fall into despair. Toro was right... I thought blankly, almost feeling no emotion in my thoughts. They  did abandon me because I'm a "demon"...

     I opened my eyes and looked down at my feet. Blood stained my clothing and my feet were deep crimson from the blood. My scarf was tattered and bloody as well, but the demons decided to save me the pain by removing it and setting it on a nearby table. My soul seemed almost as broken as my mind. And I knew exactly that they were going to try to lower my sanity more until Fairy Tail attacked. To hell with that, I knew that they abandoned me.

     Humans... I heard that weird demonic voice echo through my brain. During my time this voice became more active and soon became my only company. I became well acquainted with it. They abandoned us... I've known through out my entire existence that they stick to their own kind and enslave or destroy the beings and things around it... Man and Nature used to live hand in hand until the humans got greedy...

    "I know..." I muttered, knowing I looked insane by talking to myself but I felt too broken to care. "They didn't care about us..."

     Exactly... Came the voice again. We demons exist to control the humans, we're naturally superior. And that doesn't only go to Etherious, that involves those demons you met on the island. Humans see things they don't understand and try to conquer it. It pains me to think I was originally from that race...

     This voice always was mysterious, going on about how he loathed humans and their histories, how he used to be one of them. Whenever I asked him about it he would pass it off being "whatever you are I am". Sometimes I wonder if that's a part of me talking or if it's someone else trying to screw with me.

     I didn't know what to think anymore. What am I and what are my goals? What did I see in nakama? Who am I?

     I watched Arbis walk in the room with the book of E.N.D. cradled in her arms. She set it off to the side with my scarf and I felt myself shudder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N): OK! I'm making progress! YESH! Anyways, thank you all so much for reading with me and I hope your enjoying the story. Anyways, who do you think this voice in Natsu's head is? Please comment your theories and let's see about it in the next update. For now I need to go and update my other books. Cya!