Chapter Thirty Five: Before the War

(A/N): The following chapters of Etherious Blood will be way longer than usual and there will be multiple view points. For instance one may switch from Lucy to Natsu with short attention spans to each point. I'm trying out this type of writing for a while. So enjoy and feel free to criticize my writing, I want to improve to be an author when I'm an adult so your word will be very helpful. Also another tip is that sometimes the POV would be third or first person so don't get alarmed. Thank you and enjoy! ~Bookworm

---------------

     Lucy

     I stood by the edge of the forest where me and my team were going to train. Me, Wendy, Erza, Gray, Carla, Happy, and our newest member, Guildarts. He insisted on joining us for this mission and wanted to join us since we were going to be the main Fairy Tail force. He said that he wanted to find Natsu and bring him home, and be there to witness it since he's been gone all this time. "I missed out on so much", He had said. "I will be there to fight with my family this time".

     Gray was trying to pick a fight with Guildarts, Happy was talking to Wendy and Erza, and I stood and stared out at the sky. I could already see the Strauss Sibling flying around up there, they were training with Serpent Claw's master since he was a master at Transformation Magic, along with their new apprentice, Kinana. I sighed and looked behind me to see Carla, she too was staring at the sky but was shaking about something. I looked down at her in concern.

    "Hey, Carla, are you okay?" I asked. She flinched when she heard me but nodded. Everyone was looking at us now.

    "Carla, I know that face, what did you see?" Wendy asked, then she turned to us. "Carla had a nightmare last night, I think it was a vision."

    "...Y-yes child... I-it was..." Carla said, her voice so quiet it was barely audible.

    "Go ahead and tell us," Guildarts said, getting on his knee and stroked the fur on Carla's head lightly.

    "Well..." Carla started. "It was about the fight. I saw the skies were blood red and the forests were dead. A person stood beyond it, in the distance I saw the Dark Ember guild hall. There was fire and the person was covered up by a shadow... I saw long, curved horns and large wings on the person. He was laughing and saying something I couldn't make out... Suddenly, he pounced at me and I saw his face before I woke up..." Carla stopped, looking up at us with wide, afraid eyes.

    "Who was it, Carla?" Erza asked calmly.

    "It... It was..." Carla stuttered.

    "Cough it up already, cat!" Gray shouted, furious.

    "Shut up and let her talk!" Me and Erza yelled in unison.

    "It was a man with spiky pink hair, his eyes were almost completely black... He had black fire markings on his face and his teeth were so sharp I thought they were knives at first..." Nobody said anything after Carla said that. "I think it was Natsu, I think whatever they were planning on doing to him... I think we are too late!"

     Silence was all that was heard. Guildarts stood up and stepped away from everyone, his back turned with his face on his hands, muttering something inaudible. Gray looked down at his arm where the tattoo for his Devil Slayer magic was being concealed. He gripped his hand and closed his eyes in anguish. I covered my mouth with my hands and felt my legs buckle beneath me. I slumped forward, too stunned to think straight. Happy hopped over to Carla and wrapped his arms around her.

    "So what?" Erza suddenly said, everyone looked over at her.

    "We may be too late to keep him from turning into a demon, but whose to say that we're not too late to turn him back. Let's just hope that whatever Carla saw wasn't a vision but instead a nightmare made subconsciously by stress."