Chapter twelve: Lightning Demon Slayer?

Natsu's POV.

      We were walking back to the train station, I gave everyone their pouches of jewel already but I still felt bad about Carla, there were some confusing mixed scents in her fur. I could smell the lemony-grass scent of forest, the metallic-nose-stinging scent of blood, and something that's famililar. It smelled dark and reminded me of smoked salmon. One of our guildmates smelled like that, particularly Zaura, but I didn't think it was her. Maybe she interacted with Carla before she came back. But then again Zaura said she was hunting white  rabbit when she came back and Carla is white. Oi now, what am I thinking? Zaura is our guildmate, our nakama, why am I thinking she did this? Carla and Zaura aren't really rivals so they don't have the same excuse that me and Gray have for beating the living shit out of each other. Maybe it's something else that smells like Zaura?

But I am starting to get a little suspicious of Kiminari, when she looked at Carla's wounds I saw something in her face, not only shock or fear, but realization. Maybe she knew who did this to Carla but wouldn't say.

"Hey, Kiminari, did you see something on Carla?" I asked her.

She looked at me and blushed, not in a romantic way, but in a somewhat guilty way. "I did but I couldn't track it," She said. "Why?"

"Nothing, I just guessed since we're both slayers we could smell what's on her," I explained.

"Wow, Natsu, you keep surprising me with your wits," Kiminari said with a giggle

I heard Lucy huff an annoyed breath from behind us but I ignored her. Me and Kiminari were at the head of the group with Lucy (who was still holding Carla) and Lisanna behind us. Happy rode the wind currents above us with Zaura.

"Oii, Luce, what's wrong?" I asked and looked over my shoulder at her.

"Nothing," She sighed and looked away.

I raised an eyebrow at her in question then I looked over to Lisanna. She was besides Lucy and was looking at Carla's wounds.

"Do you know anything about this?" I turned back around and asked Kiminari. She didn't blush this time, and blushing is a sign of lying in my opinion.

"No, all I did know was that me and Zaura talked and when Zaura complained of hunger, she flew off," she explained.

"Do you know where Zaura flew off to?" I asked.

"Hell if I know," Kiminari muttered. "Ask her yourself."

"Hey, just because I'm flying over you doesn't mean I can't hear you!" I heard Zaura meow in annoyance overhead. "And I told you where I went, remember? I went to hunt, I flew west when Carla flew east!"

Wait, Zaura knew where Carla went, so does that mean- no way, why would I point fingers at my own nakama like this? Zaura couldn't have done anything. But my chest told me other wise, I had a suspicion about this and my brain won't leave me alone about it.

We finally arrived at the train station, none of us said a word as we borded. Me and Kiminari went straight for the windows while Lisanna, Happy, Zaura and Lucy were sitting on the seats. As the train began moving, me and Kiminari both threw our guts out the window.

~~~~~~~~~

After an hour or so of throwing up on the train, we finally got off. Lucy had to drag me off because my stomach was too fucked up to let me move. I almost threw up on her when she was helping me out. I had to get the vomit out of my system one way or another. Sorry Luce.

"Come on, Natsu, help me out here!" Lucy complained in annoyance, dragging me out of the isle and almost to the door.

"Why does my tummy hate me?" I asked sickly.

"Maybe it's because your so annoying it wants you to shut up on the train," Lucy answered in annoyance.

"Haha, very funny," I said, my stomach finally seemed to stop hurting and I pulled myself out of her grip. I used a chair to get to my feet and staggered out with Lucy right behind me.

"So that was a play you were doing?" She snapped.

"Oh my god kill me now," I murmured as Lucy began lecturing me about not being lazy and how impolite it is to make a girl drag you off a train.

We got off the train, Kiminari and Lisanna were talking, Lisanna finally seemed less suspicious of Kiminari and they were talking like they were buds. Happy and Zaura were sitting on a street lamp, each eating a fish while Zaura was holding the mangled Carla in her paws.

"If you get too lazy, nobody would depend on you, nobody would trust you because you wouldn't do anything but be dragged-" Lucy lectured.

"Jeasus fucking Christ, Lucy shut your trap please!" Kiminari exploded at Lucy, three red lines on her head as if a vein on her head was pulsing in anger. (U8<*)

Lisanna covered her mouth in attempts to stifle her laughter, Happy laughed so hard he fell off the lamp and Zaura was just siting there smiling at the people below her. Lucy looked hurt, I chuckled and patted her back. "Don't worry Luce, we don't really mean it! Just lighten up, you need to!" I said to her, trying out my signature smile. Lucy glared at me but her eyes seemed to soften and her cheeks flushed pink.

"Let's go back to the guild," Kiminari said, eyeing us carefully. "We need to take care of Carla." She looked up at Zaura and the exceed regarded her with the same cold stare.

"Kiminari's right," Lisanna confessed. I smiled at all three of them and began running in the direction of the guild. Happy flew behind me, I could tell by the whoosh of air.

"Aye sir!" He exclaimed, Kiminari ran right behind me but Lisanna and Lucy held back, walking to each other while talking about something I didn't understand. I heard two pairs of wing beats as Zaura and Happy flew behind us. Zaura was holding Carla bridal style. We began racing back to the guild, Zaura vs Happy and me vs Kiminari.

~~~~~~

Lucy's POV.

Natsu, Kiminari, Happy and Zaura were running back to the guild. I looked over at Lisanna, I noticed that she and Kiminari seemed to be becoming buds instead of rivals like they were a second ago.

"Okay what was that for?" I asked suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" Lisanna asked.

"Your becoming buddies with Kiminari! Why would you do that?" I asked sharply.

"Well, I wanted to know why everyone loved her so I decided to push aside my interests and start over again. Honestly she is a really cool person once you get to know her," Lisanna answered. "Maybe that's why the guild loves her as well as Natsu."

"What do you mean by 'as well as Natsu'?" I snapped.

"You can tell they like each other, Lucy, it's time to push aside our rivalries and try to be friends with them! Besides we're not Juvia," Lisanna said.

I had to admit that what she said about Juvia was funny, but I also felt my heart shatter at that.

"Come on, let's just go to the guild now," Lisanna said. Before I could respond, Lisanna turned into a colorful bird and flew away. Leaving me behind.

Natsu doesn't like Kiminari... Lisanna is just saying that. I love Natsu and I know he feels the same way... But why is everyone dissing me like this? It's all because of her isn't it? I think she knows what happened to Carla. I just need to find a way to spy on her. I thought. Kiminari, if it's war you want then it's war you get!