Chapter Fifteen: Inevitable Fates?

(A/N): It's 11:10 pm right now (I started typing this at 10:15 :X) and it's a school night so I only got enough time to update one book. I'm tired AF but I feel so determined to update. Does anyone else feel suspenseful about their own books? Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiminari's POV.

I was walking back through the woods with my book-bag in my arms and some groceries. Natsu asked me to go shopping for him so he can have enough food to feed all of us. I admire him, he's like a big brother to me! I just wish I didn't have to deal with expectations from my other guild. I really wish I could just quit DarkEmber and stay in FairyTail forever, I love everyone there, including those suspicious people like Lucy.

I maneuvered around a tree and saw Natsu's cottage only a short distance away, before I could make any more moves forward, my bag began glowing. I ducked behind the large tree and sat down, digging through my bag until my hands clutched onto my Lacrima. My heart dropped in horror when I saw who was calling me.

Master Arbis...

I ran deeper into the woods, away from the cottage. Natsu's enhanced Dragon hearing could drag out my cover, but it's not that I'm worried about that, it's what Arbis would be telling me that I don't want him to hear. He might hear about Arbis's plans to resurrect E.N.D, aka, awaken Natsu's other personality. Once I felt that I was a safe distance away, even out of his earshot, I ducked into a nearby cave and answered it.

The small blue hologram of Arbis appeared shortly after, her arms crossed and her dark eyes glaring into mine. Her right arm tapped expectantly against her other arm.

"Hello, Kiminari, any progress?" She hissed.

"Yes ma'am, I have befriended Natsu and joined his guild as I promised," I said, exposing my collarbone to her to show the red FairyTail guild mark.

"Good, when do you think you'll be taking him to me?" Arbis demanded.

"The Grand Magic Games are coming in three days, and I will be participating. It will be my last activity with the humans before I take Natsu to you, my lady," I explained with a polite nod of my head.

"Good, I'll be watching you play, my dear," Arbis said with a sly smile.

"But ma'am, may I ask a question?" I asked.

"Go on, girl," Arbis replied coldly.

"Why do you need Natsu if you have us, ma'am?" I asked. "I mean, don't you want us?"

"Unfortunately, I ran out of cromatose to create more demons and recharging for a more powerful one takes years. E.N.D's powers are stronger than your's and even Dormian the Slayer," Arbis said (A/N: remember that Kiminari is the second  strongest demon in DarkEmber, the first is Dormian the Slayer). "E.N.D is the only thing I can use to kill me off now. So please hurry and bring back his vessel."

I didn't know what to say, she wants Natsu so she can die, but I can tell she's only thinking for herself. If E.N.D returns it could make the entire world burn to ashes. Not only the world, but when he kills Arbis, I don't know how I will go down but all I do know is that I will die with her. "Yes ma'am..." I said after a few moments.

"Good, also you have exactly one week to give me E.N.D or I will march other there and retrieve him myself. Understood?" Arbis snarled.

"Yes ma'am, I understand," I replied. My lacrima shut off in an instant pop and I just sat there, staring at the dark blue globe in thought. The Grand Magic Games is in three days, and the games it's self is three days... That means that in total I have one day to knock him out and give him to DarkEmber before FairyTail gets attacked by Arbis's might.

I don't know how long I sat there, but I heard grass crunching and getting louder as well as the whoosh of wind. I knew someone was coming and I quickly put my lacrima away and curled up into a sleeping position. Moments later, I saw from half-closed eyelids that Natsu, Happy and Zaura arrived. Natsu's nose stopped twitching and the snuffy noises it made did too. Zaura glided over to me as well as Happy, Natsu walked over seconds later.

He knelt down and nudged me. "Oii, Kiminari, are you okay?" He asked. I opened my eyes and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry, Natsu-san, I was tired and I needed to sleep," I said. Natsu raised an eyebrow in question but he shrugged it off as if it were nothing. He stood up, backed away from me and held out his hand.

"It's alright, let's go back," he said. I hesitated then grabbed onto his hand, he heaved me on my feet and patted my back. "Come on."

I followed him with Zaura and Happy wordlessly following us back through the woods. Natsu's kindness is something I'll never deserve, I will betray him in six days and I wish I had more time to be with him and feel security with an actual family. He's like my brother, and what kind of friend would strike her own nakama?

"Oii, Kiminari-san, are you sure your okay, you look like you've just seen a ghost," Natsu said. I snapped out of thought and looked up at him. His hazel eyes that appeared black under the moonlight looked at me in concern.

"I'm fine, Natsu, I'm just... Thinking..." I sighed. He looked unconvinced but turned to face forward again anyways. I don't wanna pester him with my problems, not that it's anything that has to do with E.N.D. Maybe Natsu doesn't know about him yet so maybe I can strike up a conversation about it.

"Hey Natsu, random question," I said, trying to snap back into my good mood. He looked over his shoulder at me with a smirk. "What is it?"

"Do you know anything about E.N.D, Gray seems interested in it," I asked. Natsu suddenly stopped and I bumped into his back.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, walking up to his side to look at his face from a left-angle.

"Yeah, it's just that E.N.D is the reason why Gray has been acting up. He's obsessed with tracking down E.N.D, he joined Avatar for that reason and he is spending his entire life on it. E.N.D is still stuck inside that book though, I don't see why Gray is acting like that over a book..." Natsu said sadly. I can tell he doesn't like watching his friend go crazy over something like that...

Poor Gray, he doesn't even know that E.N.D was here his entire time... I thought. But how would he react to finding out that his best friend is the demon he's trying to kill?

"It must suck to see your friend in such a state over something like that, huh?" I said.

"Sure is," Natsu smirked slightly.

"Let's go back," I said. Natsu nodded, his expression becoming neutral as he started walking again. I wanted to crawl into a hole and die so bad right now. If there's one thing I don't like is betrayal, and soon I will be committing that sin in just a few days...