Chapter 24

Conor’s P.O.V-

Me and Anna walked out of Marcus’ office and we sat down on two seats outside. I looked up at her and she was crying. I pulled her in and hugged her.

“I’m leaving Anna…” She looked up at me with a shocked look on her face. She pulled out of my arms and pointed at me.

“You can’t leave, you have so much here, you have Alise, you can’t just leave her. You can win this competition Conor, you have it in you, and the people love you! You can win her Conor…You have everything to fight for here.” I looked her in the eye.

“Anna, I fucked up once too many times, you and I both no she won’t take me back, we fucked up…I fucked up…It’s best if I leave, you have so much talent Anna, you also have other friends here. All I have is Anna…Well, all I HAD was Anna. Now I have nothing okay.” I stood up and walked over to Marcus’ door. “Just promise me one thing?” She had started to cry again but she nodded her head. “Look after Anna for me?” She nodded her head again and ran over to me, engulfing me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a little squeeze. I looked down at her and smiled. “It’s for the best.” I let go of her and knocked on Marcus’ door.

“Come in!” I sighed and quickly pushed down the handle. Marcus sat behind the desk with his feet up on the desk. “So, who will it be?”

Alise’s P.O.V-

Yeah I've been feeling everything

From hate to love

From love to lust

From lust to truth

I guess that's how I know you

So I hold you close to help you give it up…” Ed Sheeran’s voice blurted through my room. I was currently scrolling through twitter bored out of my mind. I decided to check through my interactions. I smiled at all the nice things people were saying and favourited a few of them. I locked my phone and my stomach rumbled. I need something to eat. I made my way past everyones room and I came to Conor’s and his roommate Brendan. There was no sign of Conor or any of his stuff in the room.

“Hey Brendan, where’s Conor?” He looked up from his laptop and got off the bed.

“Uh, he told me when I next see you to give you this.” He rummaged through some of his stuff on his bed side table and picked up a letter with my name on it. “This will explain everything, don’t worry I haven’t read it. But…I know what it’s about so, just go read it now kay?” I was confused but nodded my head. Why was Conor writing me a fucking letter? I forgot about my food and made my way into my bedroom once again and paused Ed’s song. I opened the envelope and began to read the letter.

Dear Alise,

                  I don’t really know what to say really…You know I had to speak to Marcus and I’m sure you know what that was all about right? Of course you do. Anyway, long story cut short, either me or Anna had to leave the house. That’s what I’m partly writing about; I decided it would be for the best if I was the one to leave. You were all I had and now I have nothing, I had nothing to lose. You most probably won’t even care that I’m leaving as I practically treated you like shit but I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much and I just wanted to let you know that you are my princess, you are worthy of all of the love in the world, you are the love of my life. Anna was a drunken mistake, a huge mistake. I have told you all this before but I just wanted to let you know again. I guess I’m going to have to move on now because you can’t stand to even look at me…That brings me to the other part of why I’m writing this letter. I have decided to go back to Brighton so you don’t have to worry about me, you won’t see me again. My train leaves at 4:00pm so I guess this a ‘I’m sorry’ letter and a ‘goodbye’ letter. Don’t you ever doubt if I ever loved you because I will always love you no matter what. You can do so much better than me and you and I both know that. Just promise me one thing, never forget the good times we had together okay? Because I won’t. You will always be on my mind; you always ARE on my mind. I love you Alise, more than words can ever say. I just wish you loved me like I love you again…Goodbye Alise. I love you.

 Conor

I stared at the letter, tears streaming down my face. He was leaving for good? I would never see him again. I quickly looked at my clock in the room. 3:45. I scrambled up off of the bed, the letter still in my hand and I ran down the stairs and out the door. There was one train station I knew near here, if Conor wasn’t there then I wouldn’t know where he would be. I ran down the gravel drive, of course there was no cars to take me where I needed at this moment in time. I kept running until I came to the road. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and continued to run. I dialled Conor’s number and waited for him to answer. It went straight to voicemail.

“Please leave a message after the tone…BEEP.”

“Conor, where the fuck are you! Don’t leave! I need to talk to you! Ugh why are you so stupid!” I hung up the phone and continued running. I was gasping for air but I wasn’t going to stop. I looked at my watch and I had 3 minutes until Conor’s train would be leaving.  I moved my feet faster and soon the train station came into sight. I pushed myself to keep going and I finally made it. I ran my hands through my hair twirling around, looking in all directions, trying to see where he was. I looked down at my watch. It was a few minutes passed 4. “CONOR!” I turned around and saw people lining up for a train. That’s when I saw the familiar snap back that I love.