Chapter 13

(I am so sorry I haven’t updated sooner but I have been busy with revising and stuff but today was a really good day, FINALLY GOT MY CONOR FOLLOW!! So I decided, I’m not bothering with revising and I’ll enjoy the day and chill in bed and write you guys another chapter. I hope you enjoy it, love you all!)

“I don’t know what I’m feeling but I like it…a lot.” I nuzzled my face into Conor’s chest and he wrapped his arms even tighter around me but it didn’t feel right, he felt tense and uncomfortable. I looked up at him through my lashes but his gaze was fixated on something ahead of him. I turned around but saw nothing but a blonde woman who I think was part of the back stage crew. I shrugged it off and gave Conor a peck on the cheek. “I’m going to go to the toilet. Wait here!” He nodded his head with a blank expression on his face. Something was wrong and I plan on finding at what. I walked to the bathroom but accidently hit into someone. “Oh! I’m sorry!” I looked up and noticed it was the blonde woman I noticed earlier.

“Don’t worry about it darling. Hey! You’re Alise Uzkalne right? You’re one of the contestants!” She didn’t give me a chance to reply. She stuck her hand out and I shook it. “I’m Sophie Bridges! Big fan!” I smiled at her.

“It’s nice to see I have some fans then!” She laughed and I joined in with her.

“Anyway, I’ll see you around.” She gave me a smile which looked rather fake but I ignored it and carried on towards the toilet. I pushed the doors open and saw Anna standing in front of the mirror crying her eyes out.

“Anna! What’s wrong?!” She looked up at me and her mascara was streaming down her face.

“I fucked up my song Alise, the judges practically told me it was shit! I’m going home Alise, it will be a miracle if I stay!” I pulled her into a hug and she buried her head into my neck and wrapped her arms tightly around me.

“Babe, you’re not going anywhere trust me! The public will love you Anna, you’re perfect and funny and just trust me okay!” She nodded her head at me, the tears still rapidly falling down her face.

“Okay…I’ll trust you.”

Conor’s P.O.V-

Shit. What was she doing here. As soon as Alise left I charged after her and wasn’t happy when I found her. She was talking to Alise so I stayed behind listening to what she was saying.

“It’s nice to see I have some fans then!” They both began to laugh. What was Sophie playing at!

“Anyway, I’ll see you around.” Alise began to walk off again and I walked up to Sophie. I grabbed hold of her arm and spun her around. “Ow! You’re hurting me!” When she noticed it was me an evil smiled spread across her face. “Oh! Hey there Conor! How are you doing?” I wasn’t going to take any of her shit.

“What the fuck are you doing here!” I spat at her. This only made the smile grow on her face even more.

“Just seeing how everything’s going you know! How is everything?” I glared at her. “I take it things are going well? Nice little performance on the stage there which I guess was for her?”

“You need to leave. Now.”

“But Conor, I only just got here!” I pulled her into a dressing room that was empty.

“I don’t care! You need to leave, I am working here and you’re going to fuck everything up! If she founds out then-”

“Then what Conor? What’s the worst that can happen? None of this is real! You and I both know that, she’s the only one that thinks it is! Do you know why we are doing this in the first place? For the money! When you first told me about how good of a singer she was, you were threatened of her! You and I know she could win this, we did this to weaken her! Babe, you need to stop taking this too seriously.” She came towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck. She leaned in to kiss me but I pushed her away.

“You know what? I’m done with this shit! It’s not fair on her! And I think-” Sophie interrupted me.

“Don’t you dare say you think you have feelings for her!” I nodded my head at her and looked at the ground.

“This was all just to get her to weaken up a little bit, but I truly care about her now and I think I love her…Sophie, we’re through okay, just…don’t even bother coming back to me.

Alise’s P.O.V-

Me and Anna stepped out of the bathroom and went our separate ways, I walked back to wear I left Conor but he was nowhere to be seen. I heard some muffled shouting from a room so me, being the nosy person I am, pressed my ear against the door.

“I don’t care! You need to leave, I am working here and you’re going to fuck everything up! If she founds out then-” I recognised Conor’s voice straight away. He was cut off by a woman’s voice. Sophie.

“Then what Conor? What’s the worst that can happen? None of this is real! You and I both know that, she’s the only one that thinks it is! Do you know why we are doing this in the first place? For the money! When you first told me about how good of a singer she was, you were threatened of her! You and I know she could win this; we did this to weaken her! Babe, you need to stop taking this too seriously.” I knew they were talking about me. Who else would it be about? Mine and Conor’s relationship wasn’t real? The words…the touches…even the song? It was all to ‘weaken’ me. I had had enough of their disgusting conversation and ran from the door. Tears were streaming down my face as it felt like my heart had been ripped to shreds in a couple of seconds.