Chapter 1

“Alise?! Are you ready! You’re going to miss your flight!” I took one last look at the room I had grown so used to. I grabbed my suitcase and tugged it down the stairs with a lot of effort. I gave my mum a big grin and she pulled me into a tight hug. “I’m going to miss you Alise…so much.” I knew my mum was against me leaving but I wanted to go, the main reason she didn’t want me to leave was because I was only 16 but I assured her I was more than capable to look after myself. I had saved a lot of money from my weekend job and my step brother and sister pitched in for me now and then so I had enough money.

“I’m going to miss you too but look at the bright side, If things don’t go the way I want them to then I’ll be back here before you have realised I’m gone.” I tried to give her a reassuring smile but her eyes just grew sadder.

“You’re going to do well, my little pop star.” She managed to give me a little smile this time.

“Mum, I’m not a pop star yet! Look I really have got to go now,” I picked up my suitcase and made my way to the front door but was yanked back again into another tight hug.

“Keep safe Alise…” I waved to her as I left the house and got into my taxi. This was it; I was now on my own. I was leaving Latvia to live my dream.

***

“Please make sure everyone is in the seats, we are about to land so fasten all your seatbelts, thank you.” The pilot made the announcement that we had reached our destination. A smile grew upon my face, this was it, I was finally back in the UK. The last time I was here was when I was 12 but my mum wanted to move back to Latvia. I’ve missed it here so much, this was like my second home to me and despite the typical weather it was an amazing country.

We eventually landed and I was so excited to just go and explore. Everyone made their way off of the plane and got their luggage. As soon as I got my belongings I ran to the first taxi I saw and handed him my address. It took about an hour to get from the airport to my apartment. I handed over the right amount of money to the driver and got out of his car and received my luggage from the boot. I walked over to the building and entered the double doors. There was a young man at reception so I went over to him hoping he could help me.

“Hello there, my names Alise Uzkalne, I should have an apartment here?” The man typed on the computer and a smile appeared on his face.”

“Ah yes! Room 10c, unfortunately the lift is unavailable today so the only option is the stairs…would you like some help with your luggage?”

“No, no! I’ll be fine thank you!” He handed me the key and I turned around making my way, slowly, up the stairs. This was a great way to start the day in London. Finally, I reached my room. I gasped for breathe but quickly unlocked the door and examined my home for god knows how long. It was stylish, modern and clean, very clean. It was rather beautiful actually; I could tell I was going to fit in nicely here. I moved around the apartment looking in every room until I found the bedroom, it was big, had a double bed, a cupboard, basic but nice. I just opened my suitcase when there was a knock at my front door. I slowly opened it and peered round to see an attractive man standing there. “Well hello there!” I opened the door all the way and beamed a big smile at him which he returned.