Chapter 7

I was rudely awoken to the front door banging at 7 in the morning. I am not getting out of bed, whoever is there can simply, piss off. Unfortunately, the banging didn’t stop so I groaned and moaned but eventually stumbled out of bed. I swung the front door open and saw George with tears streaming down his face.

“GEORGE! Whats wrong?” I have never in my life had a grown man infront of me crying before so in all honesty, I had no idea what to do. I decided to wrap my arms around him and give him a tight hug.

“S-she broke up with me, she accused me of cheating and when I tried to deny it she started yelling and said ‘I can’t do this anymore, I can’t trust you’ and broke up with me, what am I going to do Alise? I love her so much!”

“Oh George!” I started to rub his back soothingly and his tears soaked my top and I’m sure it would stain but I didn’t care at this moment in time. “Everything will be okay, I’ll make sure it is.”

“Can I c-come in? I don’t want to be alone right now?”

“Sure come on in, take a seat on the couch, get comfortable, if you don’t mind I’m going to…sort myself out a bit.” He nodded his head and stared blankly at the wall in front of him. Poor George he is such a nice guy and doesn’t deserve to feel this way. How come bad things always happen to good people? It’s not fair. I peeled off my clothes and sighed to myself before entering the hot jets of the shower. As I got out of the shower I heard a large knock at the front door. “Hey George! Could you get that please! I won’t be a minute!” I began to get changed but soon heard a lot of voices being raised from the living room. I entered and saw Conor in Georg’es face

“WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!” George looked confused and slightly angry at Conor’s out burst. I ran over to the two of them and tried to push Conor away from George.

“Conor! He’s just a friend calm down.

“Just a friend?! Then explain to me why he’s here early in the morning and all your wearing is a towel?” I placed my hands on my hips and raised my eyebrows at him.

“George came knocking at my door early in the morning, he was upset because his GIRLFRIEND had just broken up with him and didn’t want to be a lone, I decided to take a shower and get decent and then you show up!” Conor’s heats flushed a deep red. “Care to apologise to George?”

“Showrry Ghorgeee…”

“Sorry what was that Conor?”

“SORRY GEORGE!” I smiled at him.

“Better, now what are you doing here?” Conor placed his hands into his pockets and shuffled his feet.

“I just wanted to see you again…” When the words left Conor’s lips I began to feel all warm inside I mentally ‘aw’ed to myself and reached up and hugged Conor.

“You’re so cute!”

“I think I’m going to leave…thanks for letting me hang here for a while though Alise,” George gave me a genuine smile before heading for the door.

“I’ll always be here if you need me!” He smiled again before exiting my apartment. “But as for you Conor! I still haven’t forgiven you for yelling at George yet, why were you so angry anyway? Were you jealous?”

“No.” I laughed at his too quick reply.

“Anyway let me go and get dressed as I am currently in a towel.” Conor was fighting a smile off of his face.

“But I think it looks good on you!” I rolled my eyes at him before heading towards my bedroom. Something caught on my towel and it fell easily off of my body.

“HOLY SHIT!” I picked up the towel and turned around to give Conor an evil glare but he was standing in the same spot and I realised I had caught it on one of the chairs in my living room. My cheeks began to burn and I was blushing ridiculously.

“Shit.” I looked Conor in the eye and his eyes were a dark shade of blue, nearly black. His eyes travelled my now covered body and back up to my face. “How come I haven’t known you for too long and I have already seen you in your under wear and naked?” I blushed even more, which I didn’t think was possible before turning around and heading towards my bedroom again. Someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. Conor’s face was centimetres away from mine and he leaned down into my ear. “I know I said black lase suits you, but I think I prefer you without it.”  

“I’m going to get changed…” Conor released his grip on my arm and I closed the bedroom door behind me. Conor just saw me naked…