Chapter 6

I took one last look in my long mirror, I decided to wear my red dress which had the top cut low and the hem of the dress came down to mid-thigh. I wore my favourite pair of black heels and had my hair naturally wavy with basic make up on.

“Not too bad Alise…” I grabbed my bag and there was a loud thump at the door. It was dead on 8 O’clock, well it’s a good thing he wasn’t late or I wouldn’t have been happy. There was another loud thump at the door. “Jeez I’m coming!” I heard him chuckle on the other side of the door. I muttered to myself before opening the door. “Impatient little prick…”

“I hear that!” I opened the door with a fake smile on my face.

“Why I didn’t say anything Conor! You must be hearing things.” I gave him a cheeky little wink and he shook his head while laughing.

“What have I gotten myself into here then.” I hit him on the shoulder playfully and he grabbed his arm pretending to be in pain. “AH! Why did you do that?! I’m in so much pain, call an ambulance!” I raised my eyebrows at him.

“If you’re done being a twat, can we go already?” He stood up straight and nodded with a big smile on his face. “You look nice tonight by the way.” I eyed him up and down. He had his hair slicked back which made him look a lot older and was wearing a black suit and a navy tie.

“You don’t look so bad yourself,” he gave me a little wink.

“Jee…Thanks…” He burst into hysterics but I looked away pretending to be seriously offended. Conor grabbed my arm and made me look at him. His face was inches away from mine and my heart fluttered for a second.

“I was joking Ali, you look perfect. You put me to shame. I just want to-” I put my finger onto Conor’s lips to silent him. He smiled at me and I was fighting a smile of my own.

“Don’t say something you will regret, let’s just go have a nice night and officially celebrate making it into the next round of the X-Factor!” I did the X-Factor sign to him and he face palmed himself. “What?” I burst out laughing and he shook his head at me.

“Please don’t do that in public with me. Come on or we will be late for our reservation at NANDO’S!”

“Oh how romantic!”

“I didn’t say anything about romance baby.”

***

“Um…I’ll have the Peri Peri Chicken please.” I closed the menu and smiled at the waitress who was blatantly flirting with Conor and barely noticing I spoke to her.

“And what about you hunny.”

“I’ll have a whole chicken please.” A whole chicken, this boy is sure hungry.

“Of course hunny, got to keep a good looking lad like you nice and strong haven’t we now! Well I’ll be back with your drinks and food as quickly as possible.” She twirled her hair while giving Conor a ‘I’m so into you’ look. I laughed when she was out of ear shot.

“What?”

“You cannot tell me you didn’t notice what she was doing there?” he raised his eyebrows at me, clearly confused. “She was SO flirting with you. It was a bit cringey to watch actually.”

“Hmm, I didn’t even noticed.” I rolled my eyes at him and he winked back. “I was too busy looking at this beautiful girl infront of me.”

“Okay if this is your way of trying to get me to fall for the ‘Conor Charm’ it’s not working so drop it okay.” I gave him a fake smile and he acted like he was offended.