Chapter 18

“But that doesn’t mean I forgive you.” I pushed down the handle and before I knew it I was pressed up against the wall with Conor inches away from me.

“When will you forgive me Alise, I need to know. I’m going to keep fighting for you because I don’t want to lose you. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I don’t want you to leave me forever, otherwise I won’t ever forgive myself.

“Who said I’m ever going to forgive you? What you did was pretty unforgiveable to be quite honest so why should I forgive you after all that you’ve done?” He leaned in a little more and my heart sped up a little bit.

“Because I love you and I know you still have feelings for me. You and I both know what I did was wrong and I want to make it up to you…Everyone deserves a second chance right?” I looked him deep in the eye and shook my head at him.

“I don’t think you really deserve a second chance.”

“There’s one thing you have forgotten though…And I know that it’s a poor excuse for what I have done but, if I had never done what I did in the first place then I would have still been with Sophie and we would have only been friends…” He was right. God I hated that he was right but that still doesn’t make up for the fact that he lied to me the whole time.

“Maybe we should have just been friends then…” I pushed Conor off of me and headed out of the door, not looking back when I heard him call my name.

***

I was awoken to a beeping noise and it took me a while to realise that it was my alarm clock. I groaned but turned it off. It’s Sunday and I wanted a lie in, stupid thing. Now that I was awake I decided to get out of bed and go downstairs. Everyone was still asleep so I was the only one down here. I switched on the TV and put on some random channel I wasn’t really interested in. I heard someone come down the stairs but I didn’t take much notice towards it.

“Alise?” My head spun around and I saw Conor standing there in just a pair of boxer shorts. I looked at him before quickly turning away, blushing. “Oh come on you’ve seen what’s under these so why are you blushing?”

“Ugh! Shut up!” I threw a cushion in his direction and it hit him straight in the face. I couldn’t control myself and I burst into laughter.

“Ow! That hit me in the eye!”

“I would say I’m sorry but I’m not.” I began to watch the TV again and I heard Conor walk over to me. Next thing I know he’s sitting next to me.

“Did you mean what you said yesterday? That maybe we should have just been friends?” I looked at him and nodded my head.

“Then maybe I wouldn’t be feeling this way.”

“But then I would have never been able to do this…” Conor’s lips were suddenly on mine and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t pull away from his lips. It just felt so right and I hated myself for thinking that. Our lips moved in sync and eventually, we pulled away. “Or this…” Conor’s hand started to run up and down my thigh getting very close to my sensitive area. “Now you can’t tell me that you don’t miss this…” I just stared at Conor, not trusting my voice to speak. “I love you Ali…Please forgive me…” I looked at my hands and Conor’s hand came under my chin, lifting my head up.

“I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to trust you again…”

“Just give me a chance, we can make this work Ali…” He began to lean in again but waited, asking me if it was okay. I nodded my head slightly and his lips were pressed onto mine again. This time I wrapped my arms around his neck and the kiss was more passionate. Once we broke the kiss Conor leaned into my ear. “Oh…And Happy Birthday Alise…”

(Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Alise! WOO!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I promised you a chapter on your birthday so here you are, I know it’s quite short but I’m so tired and can’t think properly! Sorry if you hate it!)