Chapter 34

Meanwhile...

Namjoon walked in the room and immediately, a figure on the upper deck of their double decker bed caught his attention. Jungkook was hiding under his blanket but obviously not sleeping. 

Namjoon pondered for a while, before deciding to figure things out clearly instead of making guesses. And so, he stood on his bed and tapped the maknae's legs. 

"Kookie...are you asleep?"

Jungkook did not answer, he simply turn his body to the other side.

"Kookie...can we talk?" he asked once again. 

Namjoon did not mean that kind of serious parent-to-son talk, but Jungkook interpreted it that way. The younger one quickly recall everything that happened the previous week but no, he don't remember doing anything wrong, except throwing, like literally throwing his hyungs away when they disturb him. 

Sensing an ominous feeling, Jungkook slowly reveal himself under the blanket and sat up straight. He pressed his lips against each other and looked at his hyung nervously. "Ne hyung?" 

Namjoon let out a small smile, as he hit the younger's leg lightly, "Yah! I'm not trying to lecture you or something..."

"Then...? You sound so serious just now..."

"I just wanna ask you...is there something wrong, Kookie?"

"Huh? ...nothing."

"Jinja? Nothing that made you unhappy or what?"

"A-aniyo," Jungkook lied as he slowly move his eyes away from his hyung's intense stare, "I'm fine."

"But then why...why did you take my seat on the car just now??"

"Mwo yah hyung!!" the maknae giggled, "so you are still bothered about that? I didn't know you're so childish."

"Ani, I just...thought you were trying to avoid someone?" Namjoon's voice trailed off. 

"A-avoid who?" Jungkook stuttered. Somehow he know kinda of his smart hyung has already figure out something amiss but still, Kookie acting can't be that bad? 

"I don't know...Jiminie and Yoongi hyung?"

"Ne?" the younger boy replied in shock, his eyes darted here and there. Oh no, did he know everything about us? "A-aniyo. Wae?" he continued. 

"I just feel that recently, you're kinda cold to the both of them? Especially Jiminie. I don't know...I just feel that you don't really like them to be together?"

The maknae immediately opened his eyes wide in shock. "Aniyo hyung! Don't say that..." Jungkook quickly explained, "They...they love each other a lot, I believe. They will be together forever...with nobody coming in between them..."

"O-okay...that's what I feel so too. Don't you think they're very sweet?"

Jungkook nodded his head and let out a soft sigh, "Ne, they are."

With that, Namjoon gave a satisfied smile and hopped off to the mirror. "I guess I'm just thinking too much then."

"Ne."

"Oh well, Jin hyung told me to be more observant, that's why."

Styling his hair nicely in front of the mirror, he said, "Me and Jin hyung are going out for a date, we might come home a little bit late tonight." With that, Namjoon winked and exited the room while whistling. 

And that leaves the maknae alone in his room. Jungkook recalled the conversation earlier and sighed unknowingly. "Ne, they will always be together. And I am the extra one. Forget him Jeon Jungkook, stop loving him, stop feeling anything for him..." he said to himself.