Chapter 19

Jungkook's POV

"Ahjussi, one jajangmyeon with many many black sauce!! Take away."

After ordering that for Jimin hyung, I went to the fridge beside to buy some drinks.

"Strawberry milk...where are you?"

"Ahjussi do you have strawberry milk?"

"Ne. It's right at the back."

I stretched my hands far back and managed to find only one packet. "Erm...since Jimin hyung loves strawberry milk much more than I do, he shall have this last one. Banana milk is okay for me too," I mumbled.

After buying all the food, I went back to the park where Jimin hyung was waiting. Afraid that he would be starving, I faster my pace and eventually ran to the meeting point. However, not far from my destination, I could see two boys sitting at the table, their hands on each others' waists.

"Hyung I'm back..." my voice became softer the moment I saw the person beside Jimin hyung - its was Suga hyung.

Intinctively, I wore my imaginary mask and kept a poker face.
What were you thinking Jeon Jungkook? Hoping to spend some alone time with Jimin hyung? Dream on! How can Jimin hyung and Suga hyung be separated? You're the extra one! And you should keep your distance away from Jimin.

"Kookie! Kookie!" I regained back my conscious to see Jimin hyung waving his hand in front of my face.

JK: Huh wae?

Jimin: I'm asking you if this strawberry milk is yours.

JK: Oh, it's not. I just saw it on sales and just bought it without thinking.

Jimin: Ahhhh can I have it then?

JK: Sure.

"Gumawol," Jimin hyung thanked together with his eye smile. He then took out the milk and poked it with a straw.

"I want it," Suga hyung pouted and opened his mouth wide.

Jimin: I haven't even drink it.

Suga: (aeygo voice) I want...

Jimin: Aigoo such rare aeygo just for strawberry milk?

Suga: That's my favorite drink okay.

Jimin: Jinja? Then you can have it, I have my food anyway.

"But I..." I tried to stop but Suga hyung had already took a sip.
"I chose that specially for you hyung..." I whispered but luckily they didn't heard it, probably too busy flirting with each other.

Quietly sitting there, I saw how Jimin hyung opened his food and alternatively feed himself and Suga hyung. And the strawberry milk was moving from his mouth to his mouth.

They totally ignored me, pda-ing in public, with romantic filters around them. Jimin hyung smile and aeygo towards Suga hyung triggered a sour sensation in me.

My heart was so hurt, but this pain isn't something new. It's probably a feeling I experienced everytime I see them together and had long grown immune to it. Sometimes I'm even glad to feel such ache in my heart to ensure that its beating.

I looked at the dark clouds, soft sound of the thunder followed. Tiny rain droplets started to decorate the floor.

Jimin: Is it gonna rain?

Suga: It seems so.

Jimin: But I just started eating.

Suga: You can have it later. Let's pack up before the drizzling becomes worse.

As instructed, the three of us cleared everything on the table and ran to the nearest tree for shelter.

"Woo it's cold!" Jimin hyung exclaimed as he hugged his bare arms.

I wanted to go up and pass him my jacket but Suga hyung was one second faster than me. He had already embraced Jimin hyung tightly.

Like I, Jimin hyung was shocked by this sudden action. He immediately made eye contact with me.

He stared at me worrying, probably knowing that I'm still uncomfortable with seeing their skinship. Indeed, my heart felt as if I'm being stabbed multiple times at my heart.

However, I quickly break that intense stare, knowing that nothing will change the fact that I'm being the gooseberry here.

Tears were at the corner of my eyes, but I managed to convince myself that it's just the raindrops falling from above. I looked in front to realise that the small drizzle had turned into a heavy pour.

JK: We can't stand here for long.

Jimin: You're right.

Suga: I got an umbrella, but I don't think it can fit three people.

And so, Suga hyung opened up his white umbrella. It was indeed a small one and could only cover him and Jimin hyung.

JK: It's okay hyung, you two can use it.

Jimin: We can squeeze.

JK: Aniyo, it's fine. I'll just run to the nearest shelter.

Suga: Are you sure?

JK: Ne. After all, I'm the golden maknae.

Jimin: Alright then.

Thus, Suga hyung pulled Jimin hyung even closer to him to fit under that small umbrella.

"Omo, the food is all wet," Jimin hyung cried.

Suga: And the milk is half spilled.

JK: Gwenchana, just throw it, its soaking wet now.

Jimin: But you went so far to buy it Kookie.

JK: Jinja gwenchana, it's not any special anyway.

"Okay then," Jimin hyung mumbled before leaving the bag of food under the tree.

Being the one with no umbrella, I was asked to go first. I took a last look at the bag of food. Indeed, the food was nothing special, but who was the one who run three streets away to find the best jajangmyeon shop? Who was the one who sacrificed his love for strawberry milk and give it to you instead? And who is the one who shared this special item I bought for you with his boyfriend?

Thoughts began to run through my mind. Tears began to run down my eyes. With a teary face, I ran away from the couple, hoping to escape as far as possible.

Jimin's POV

Jungkook doesn't look that happy about the fact that I'm throwing away the food despite saying its okay verbally.

His eyes were red but before I could get a closer look, he had already ran away.

However, maybe due to the slippery floor, he tipped and fell on his knee.

"Kookie!!" I shouted and immediately ran up to see if he's alright.

My clothes became fully drenched instantly but that wasn't the point.

"Argh" was what he said. Kookie kept his head low, and continuously shoo me away. "I'm alright."

"You don't look so."

"I am..."

I held his face up. His eyes still avoiding mine but his nose was red. "Your face is wet," I sighed and wiped his cheeks with both of my hands.

Suddenly, both of us felt as if the rain became smaller. "Are you hurt?" was the sound after that. When we looked up together, it was Suga hyung holding the umbrella above us.

Jungkook quickly pushed me away. "Ne hyung. I'm fine," he assured before standing up slowly with the help of Suga hyung's hand.

And the next second, he continued to run away, disappearing into the park.