Chapter 28

Meanwhile, in the toilet, the duo were really having a heated argument as to who should not be hurt.

"Out of so many people, Yoongi hyung chose to love Jimin. He should be contented. Why is Kookie here to break them apart?" J-hope stated.

"There's no right or wrong when it comes to love hyung. You can't stop Kookie from loving Jiminie right? And the fact that Jiminie agree to be with him proves that Kookie isn't the only one at fault!"

"But them being together is betraying Yoongi hyung! I say Kookie should back off."

"Aniyo! Being late doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to pursue his love. I say we should let Jiminie choose."

And in the end, both of them could not reach a conclusion. Sensing the atmosphere being overly tense, J-hope took a deep breath and said, "I'm gonna check the situation now."

With that, he walked out of the toilet. Taehyung too exited the toilet and headed back to the swimming pool. Jungkook was no longer swimming, he probably reached his limit and decided to take a short rest.

Sitting opposite Jungkook on the benches, Taehyung asked, "You tired?"

"A little bit."

"I think we should go up and bathe. We need to head to the airport soon."

"Arraso hyung, let's go."

Together, they made their way back to the room. However, while passing through the garden, Taehyung spotted the couple not too far away. Both of them had smiles on their faces, and were even holding hands.

His immediate reaction was to check Kookie. Luckily, Jungkook didn't saw it. He was too busy drying his hair. Taehyung looked back at the couple, and made eye contact with Jimin. He gave his friend a death stare and whispered, "So this is your way of settling the situation?"

And one second before Jungkook lift his head, Taehyung quickly pull him away and brisk-walked back to their hotel room. "Walk faster Kookie, you're gonna catch a cold like that."

"Oh ne hyung."

Escorting his dongsaeng as if escorting his princess, Taehyung ensured that Kookie enters his hotel room safely and without witnessing any disgusting scenes.

"Namjoon hyung said to meet in the lobby in an hour's time," Taehyung reminded.

"Ne hyung," Jungkook replied before closing his room door.

Only after hearing the door shut could Taehyung finally breathe again. He sighed, "I don't know how long can I protect you from him Kookie. But as long as I'm here, I'm gonna make sure that you do not get hurt...because...I want you to be happy Kookie, you don't deserve this."

~~

After taking a hot shower, Jungkook stepped out of the bathroom to see Suga lying on the bed, still, using his laptop. They haven't spoke much since this morning, and both of them still remembered clearly the conversation they had last night.

"Hyung...I'm done," Jungkook said.

"Err I'm not gonna bathe, I'm too lazy for that."

"Okay then, Namjoon hyung said that we need to gather at the hotel lobby at 3pm which is...five minutes from now."

"Err...give me a moment to save this file."

"Oh, I think I should bring my luggage down first."

With that, Jungkook quickly dump everything inside his red luggage and exited the hotel room. Being alone with Suga was just too awkward for him. He haven't had a plan to 'leave Jimin' although he had promised his hyung last night that he 'know what to do now'.

Arriving at the hotel lobby, there wasn't a single soul that looks familiar. As expect, his members are never punctual. He looked at the clock and it was 3pm sharp. Being the first one, he sat down on the sofa and imagined their managers chasing his hyungs out of their room now.

~~

While checking out the hotel, Taehyung spotted the pda couple again. Jimin was unusually mushy to Suga today, and Suga didn't chase him away too, surprisingly. Taehyung unintentionally eavesdropped their conversation.

"I can't wait to get back to Korea hyung."

"Wae?"

"I miss the food!! Kimchi stew, seaweed soup, oh and your best dish omelette rice hyung! I miss that."

"No Jimin, I'm not gonna cook it anymore."

"Wae??"

"It tastes horrible. And I burnt two pans that time."

"It's delicious hyung! And because you only cook it for me, I love it even more!"

"No no, I'm gonna get killed by Jin hyung if I use the kitchen again."

"Pleasee...." Jimin pouted.

Taehyung rolled his eyes and walked away upon seeing that disgusting aeygo face. He quickly approached Kookie who was using his phone alone at a corner.

"What game is that Kookie?"

Jungkook immediately looked up from his phone and gave his hyung a weird stare. "What's wrong with you today hyung?" he asked suspiciously.

"Aniyo, nothing's wrong."

"Then why do you keep talking to me?"

"Yah!! Is it wrong to talk to my favouriteeee Kookie? I'm just curious about what you're playing!"

"Piano tiles - the game you suck at."

"Ayyy just a few more practices and I'll beat your score okayyy!"

"Jinja? Wanna compete?"

"Sure," Taehyung showed his cocky smile.

~~

The BTS members went from the hotel to the airport by taxi, mainly because the trip back to Korea was a brought-front one and their company couldn't prepare transport in time especially in a foreign country. Due to their big luggage, they have to split themselves into groups of two and threes.

After gathering all the boys in a circle, their manager said, "We are expecting pretty lots of ARMYs to be at the airport later. So, please take care and not get lost, especially you Taehyung."

All of them giggled upon hearing the last part. Jungkook, too, paused his game and looked at manager hyung. However, something beside him was too cheesy to ignore. It was Suga, resting his chin on Jimin. His eyes moved down to see their hands interlocked.

Probably hearing his heart breaking, Jungkook sealed his lips and swallowed his saliva. He thought he prepared for this but apparently it hit him a little too hard and unexpectedly. Putting his earpiece back on, Kookie continued his game and tried to dump that image of them at the back of his mind.