Tammy: Chapter 31

Start from the beginning

'It's none of your business though is it Adrian? At least he has a fucking job and can afford to look after his child wait hold on... Janay's yours not his, right?' I said and Adrian kissed his teeth.

'You're too fucking rude Tammy.'

'Then don't you dare try to doubt Ryan, he's a better man than you I'm surprised you can still call yourself one. Pathetic.'

'I'm gonna keep my mouth shut because I know this pregnancy is making you crazy.' 

'Really? Or does the truth hurt?'

'You're the selfish, moany, self-centered, confused, bitch... you tell me, does it hurt?' He said as he parked the car up, I swallowed hard and got out of the car, slamming the door shut. I took Janay out of the back as he sat in the drivers seat, watching me his face softened, he wound down the window.

'Do you want me to come in with you?'

'Go fuck yourself.' I said bluntly and he sighed, unclipping his seatbelt he got out of the car and I frowned.

'Did you not hear what I just said?'

'I did, but I chose to ignore it.'

'Why? You dumb fuc-' I was silenced by a sharp cramp and my eyes shut tightly closed as I grimaced in pain.

'Tammy? You alright?' 

'I'm fine!' I said and held Janay tighter to me.

'Stay in the car.'

'No man, you're not alright and I'm coming with you. Now shut up and accept it.' He said and walked ahead of me. I rolled my eyes and signed in at reception, I had to sit in the waiting area with Adrian.

'Tamsin Brown?' The lady from behind the desk called out, I stood up and Adrian did too.

'Dr. Thompson is ready for you now.' She said and politely smiled, I looked at Adrian and frowned.

'Erm... where are you going? Stay out here with Janay.'

'No, we're coming with you.'

'I just said-'

'Shush Tammy.' He said and I sighed, we went into the doctors room and he greeted me with a warm smile, I laid down on the chair and Adrian put Janay on his lap as he sat on the chair in the corner.

'Hello Tammy, how you feeling today?' Adrian was about to open his mouth and I glared at him.

'Fine thanks apart from just tired and my ankles have swollen a bit.'

'Not resting enough? It's one week before your due date, you really do need to rest up so I'm putting you on bed rest that means you're not allowed to do a thing, alright?' He said and laughed lightly, I sighed but nodded.

'And I want you to be strict with her.' He said looking at Adrian.

'Oh... isn't Ryan here?' Dr. Thompson asked.

'He's away working.' 

'Oh I see, he'll be back in time for the birth right?' I nodded, I sure hoped so.

'I'm Tammy's-'

'Accquaintance.' I said blankly and Adrian kissed his teeth, the doctor laughed awkwardly and went to get the gel to put on my stomach. I jumped slightly as he put it on.

'It's very cold, just going to check the baby isn't breech and her heartbeat is okay.' He said and Adrian gasped.

'Shit... a girl?' I nodded, smiling and I saw his face drop slightly, he looked towards the floor and I frowned.