CHAPTER 17 | HARPER

I had probably gone insane for asking him something so desperate. When I thought about it afterward, I realize how pathetic I must have sounded. I just wanted him to show me more. To make me feel more. And somehow, I knew he would be able to because I never felt anything but with him.

I realized how crazy of me it was to ask that sort of thing to my English teacher. It might have been weird but whenever outside of the classroom, he was no longer an authority figure. He was just a regular guy.

Maybe it was his way of dressing up. The stylish clothes he wore these two times I met him at the bar clearly made him look younger. Or maybe it was the way he spoke to me. He always had that confident approach that seriously made me weak. But somehow, even if we never had any deep conversation, I felt like I could trust that irresistible attraction toward him.

I was confused by his last words. Did it mean yes? Did he just say that so I would leave him alone? In any case, it got me extremely nervous.

I clearly begged him to teach me sex but it never crossed my mind that I knew absolutely nothing about that man. What if he was into S&M? What if he took pleasure in humiliating things? Those kind of things never attracted me and the me who felt daring enough to beg him to fuck me again suddenly transformed in a scared little girl ready to apologize for asking something she was too afraid to know about.

I sat in the kitchen with a cup of juice and started thinking about a way to escape the situation, when Aunt Lorie entered, her arms full with brown paper bags filled with groceries. "Oh, Harper! Come help me before I drop one of these"

I immediately helped her carrying one of the bags to the kitchen island. "How come you're home? Aren't you going out with your friends?"

    "Nah... I felt like staying home tonight". I helped her putting the groceries in the fridge and in the pantry before sitting back in front of my juice.

    "Well, you can help me cook if you want to". A too obvious grin appeared on my face.

    "You said cooking?" I raised a brow in disbelief.

   "Oh I know!" She hissed. "you know miss Siguera? That beautiful woman who works at the firm?"

    "No..." I smiled, amused at the face she made when pronouncing her name.

    "Well, she's Mark's associate now. And yesterday she kept talking and bragging about how she is an amazing cook. Well, it pissed me off. Nobody can possibly have a career and find time to cook. I stopped working full time and I still don't have time to cook."

    "Well... That's because you're always at the spa, or lunching with your friends or shopping" I concluded.

    "Socializing is hard work. Especially because of Mark's position. There are relationships you are supposed to maintain even if you hate the person to the guts... Which is my case with Miss Siguera... Anyway... She invited us to dinner at her house tomorrow night and... I ended up promising that I would cook. This explaining that, I need practice..."

    "And that's what you call a mature woman" I smiled. Aunt Lorie always found a way to put herself in awkward situations. That was just a sample.

     "So I thought...  Hey, but I have a niece who know her way in the kitchen... So why not asking her for a little help..."

     "What????" I almost choked. "What do you mean by that?"

    "I thought that maybe... I could help you with getting Mark off your back about what you want to do after graduation" she said with an explicit smirk.