CHAPTER 4 | ZANE

24 hours before the big day. Was I stressed? Nope, not one bit. Anxious? Not even. I knew I was not going to teach some future Hemingways, so I really didn't feel any pressure.

Call me weird, but before I came to Oxnard, I checked if any interesting writers or poets were coming from this town. And guess what? None. This city surely hosted successful business owners, famous attorneys and rich heirs of whatever billionaires, but no writter. Well, no big surprise here, even though I expected at least a little more interest in litterature from these kids I was about to teach. So I decided I will first assess the level of my classes before eventually establishing a program.

I met Pamela Silverton, the principal of Oxnard High, a week after I moved in. She told me she was excited a university professor was going to teach her 12th graders so they could learn beyond the regular program and opened their mind to a different universe to the ones they were accustomed to. She probably wasn't aware that 12th graders nowadays couldn't care less about literature.

I think that what appealed her the most about my resume was in fact my age. At 26, she thought I could be close enough to them to find a way to wake up their interest in that domain. Well... Maybe.

I never taught high schoolers before. I was used to students who were already passionate about literature and who actually chose it as an elective. I already knew my new students wouldn't be in my class by choice. That was a completely different context.

Mrs Silverton spent also a long time warning me about being too close to my students. I didn't need any warning about that.

See, I was 26 and I had been teaching for two years already. I had already experienced the effect of a young teacher with good looks on female students. I was already used to the flaterry, the winks and other indecent offers a guy like me would receive from schoolgirls fantasies.

See, I never had any trouble getting laid. In fact, I rarely ever had to make the first move. In all modesty, I was kind of gifted when it comes to looks. I know, it might sound conceited but it's just the honest truth. I guess I just had good genes.

However, I was never attracted to any of my students. I knew too damn well what was the risk of hooking up with them and I was not willing to lose my job over an O.K fuck.

The other reason why I never let my students flirt with me was because I knew they were still to young for the kind of things I was into. OK, I'm not talking about S&M shit or anything like that. What I mean is that my students were most likely between age 18 and 20. They were not women. They were just girls.

Thing is, girls that age often can't differentiate sex from feelings. I was not after feelings. Probably won't ever be anymore. I had my dose of deception and drama. That thing called love was just a fucking illusion. And girls are in love with illusions. I was more into reality.

I'm a guy who loves sex. You're gonna tell, what kind of guy don't right? Well... You're right. But when most of my pack was ok with a random fuck, good or bad, I was always after quality.

I wanted experienced, sexy and confident women. The ones who have absolutely no issues with their bodies and who could take the dick hard and anywhere. I always loved a woman who could beg to suck my cock without any taboo. And the ultimate turn on to me was a woman who could let me control her.

Control... There was nothing more exciting than feeling I was the boss when it came to fuck. Yes, that could sound lame to some feminists, but I couldn't care less. I loved feeling a woman surrending to me, body and soul, trusting me to give her as much pleasure as I would take. A woman with as much appetite I had who had no problem with me fucking her at home or in the middle of a park at noon.