Chapter 50 The Beautiful Life

40 years later...

Katelyn's POV

You know...you lose the one that you cared, were best friends with, loved. The one who was with you no matter how bad it got. The one that had your back. The one that you loved...and then the one came back. It's a strange feeling...how the one you cared about was gone and then he/she comes back...alive and well. *chuckles* The one that wanted to kill you when they meet again. The one that you wanted to rip their head off. The one that turned out to be your lover. I thought as I walked on the beach. I may not be as strong as I was when I was younger but I still have a strong heart. I looked at Aphmau's house and sighed. She was one of the strongest women I ever met. I'm glad to be her friend till the end. Aphmau died in her sleep. At least she died peacefully, not murdered or sickness. Which is surprising because she is Irene. She's with Aaron and her guards. I thought. I walked up the stairs to her house and touched the door. Lord Levin wanted to keep the house clean and look as beautiful as ever to honor her. I walked away from the house and walked down the steps to see my great grandson, Thomas. I said "Hey Thomas. How it's going?" he turned around and said "Oh hey Katelyn! I'm doing great! My grandmother is resting and my mom is with Lilith. Man, you can't seem to break them apart huh." "Well they are best friends. They have each others' backs even in their old years." "Hey! Cadenza is not that old!" Thomas laughed. Forest and Kevin walked over and Kevin said "Hey Katelyn! Hey Thomas! What's shakin?" Thomas said "Not much. What about you?" Kevin said "Not much also.  Well me and Forest are going to the guard tower. Cya later!" they left and I went to see Cadenza. I knocked on her door and she answered "Hey Katelyn! Come on in!" she motioned me inside and I walked in to smell steak and potatoes cooking. Cadenza's husband, John, walked over and said "Hello Katelyn. It's nice to see you!" "Hi John! It's nice to see you also!" I said. I walked to the living room to see Abby sitting on the couch reading a book. She looked up and said "Hi mom! You here to visit too?" "Yep!" I said sitting next to her. "So how's your other daughter Kat doing?" I asked her. She said "She's doing fine. She finally got better from her flu." "I'm glad to hear that." I said putting my hand on hers. Abby hugged me and said "I have the greatest mom a daughter could ask for!" I said softly "Thank you sweetheart." I got up saying "Bye guys! I'm going home." they said goodbye and I went to my house. I opened the door and walked to the living room to see Jeffory and my kids, Luke and Madison, talking. Jeffory looked up and said "Hey my little firecracker!" I blushed in embarrassment while Madison and Luke laughed at the nickname that my husband still calls me. "Oh stop it Jeff!" I said. "You're still cute when you blush. Hehe." he said. "I hate you." I said punching his arm lightly. I sat down on the couch and Madison said "So how did you two meet?" I said surprised "What? I told you this before!" "Well I forgot. Please!" Madison said with puppy eyes. "Fine. I'll tell you. Well I just joined the jury and Zane wanted to show me the rest of the jurors. I opened a door and I saw the other eight jurors waiting. I looked at them all and my seat was next to the one and only Jeffory the Golden Heart. After the meeting, he walked up to me and said if we could talk for a bit so we talked and that's when we became great friends." I finished and Madison said "Oh ok. I think I remember now." Jeffory got up and said "I'm going to bed. Care to join me Katelyn?" I nodded and said "I'm pretty tired myself too. So yeah I'll join you." we went to our room and went to bed. I woke up to a snoring Jeffory. I chuckle at his laziness and got up, changed into my normal clothes, went to the kitchen to cook eggs and bacon. Jeffory walked in and I said "Morning sleepyhead! Breakfast is ready!" "Thanks dear! I love you." Jeffory said sitting down at the table. "I love you too dork!" I said laughing. After we ate, I left to take a another walk because I'm bored. Man, being old can be boring. I thought as I walked down the path. I passed the place where Steven beat me at the dual. He was very good. I thought. I walked up the hill to the place where Jeffory engaged and got married to. I loved every moment of that day. I'll never forget it. We were so happy and carefree back then. I thought happily. I walked down the hill and walked to the gates. I passed Forest and Alexis, who were guarding the gates, and into the forest. I walked to the stream where I cried about Jeffory and looked at my reflection. I may be old but I can still see my younger self in the water. I thought as I walked away from the stream. I walked and walked until I came upon the area where Jeffory almost killed me. That day changed my life forever. I thought. I walked back to Phoenix Drop and walked to Ivy's house since Steven died unexpectedly. No one knows how exactly he died, we just know that he died from something in his body. Ivy, Kevin, and McKenna were all shocked at the death. Especially McKenna, she didn't do anything for two whole weeks. She didn't eat or sleep, she just sat in her room. I knocked on her door and Ivy answered "Hey Katelyn. What do you want?" "I just wanted to see if you were okay." I said looking at her, her once beautiful pink hair was just white. "I'm doing good. How about you?" she said. "I'm fine and just wanted to make sure that you were ok." I said. Ivy said "Thank you Katelyn. I never thought that you'll even care about me. After all, I was your worst enemy." I hugged her and said "You changed Ivy and that's what matters. Bye!" "Bye!" she said walking back into her house. I went home and saw Jeffory in bed, breathing very shallow. I joined him and we cuddled together. I knew that this is our final day. I whispered to Jeffory "I love you Jeffory." he said "I love you too Katelyn." we closed our eyes to let death take control of us. I love him...he's my light...he's my everything...he's my lover... I thought and then I saw white cover my vision. He's my lover...

Hey guys! Well that's it! That's my book! I would love to say thank you to all of you that supported my book all the way. Especially nerdygamer18 and scooter27a! For inspiring me to write this book and supporting me to the end! Go check them out! They're amazing people! And go check out my new book that I'll be writing! A Change of Heart takes place in mystreet where Ivy moves in and she changed a lot but everyone hates her except Aphmau. Will she be hated forever and be forgiven? Find out in the book!

Bye!