Something Unusual

Start from the beginning

I, on the other hand, hear voices sometimes and can't tell the real world from the fictional.

I think my disorder was a little more manageable.

"Come in," I said.

I looked over to see, not a nurse, but the boy from earlier, Chandler.

"Hi... uh," he looked at me.

"Carmela," I offered.

"Carmela," he repeated, "That's a pretty name."

"Thanks," I replied, blushing slightly.

There was a long silence before I got sick of it and spoke.

"Did you need something?"

"Oh, uh, yeah," he replied, "My name is Chandler, and Nurse Adams said that there was a patient in this room that she believed would like to talk to me."

 I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Did she now?"

He smile,"Yeah, so I guess we can just hang out until you have to go to dinner."

I nodded and motioned for him to come sit on my bed.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

He thought for a second and then spoke, "If you want, you can tell me about why you're in here."

The smile faded off my face,"Well..."

"It's fine," he said quickly," I understand if you don't want to."

I shook my head, "It's fine. I'm a schizophrenic, so in summary, I can't tell what's reality and what's not sometimes. One day, a "girl" I saw told me that her father didn't want his flower shop and asked if I could help her burn it down. Long story short, she wasn't real and the man pressed charges. When I told them his daughter asked me to help her burn it, he told me that he didn't have a daughter and I was sent here after some testing."

He nodded and I frowned.

I felt my face heat up and I felt a wetness in my eyes that I haven't felt in years.

"Carmela," Chandler said, worry lacing his words,"Are you alright?  You're crying."

"Why did it have to be me?" I sobbed,"There are millions of people in the world that are just plain terrible and I get stuck with the disorder that lands me here. It's disgusting."

I always thought these things, but never actually put them into words.

There was something about Chandler.

"Hey," he said, pulling me into a hug, "Don't cry. Please don't. I know. You hate yourself because of what happened to you, but none of this is your fault. You were born this way, and guess what?"

I snuggled into his shirt because I found the smell of it comforting, "What?"

"It's beautiful. Normal people suck. Everything that makes you, you is beautiful, so don't ever wish your were someone or something different. Especially not when you're so beautiful inside and outside."

I don't know what it was about Chandler, but the way he made me feel something like I never had before and then feel 100% better in under five minutes made me think about how my life had been the same for the past three years, and now it was changing.

It was unusual.

He was unusual.

I liked it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANDLER !!!!!!!!!! ♥☺♥☺♥

Omg guys. This chapter was 1097 words long before the author's note. Aaaaaaanndddd, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE READS AND VOTES!!!!!!!! When I last updated, I put the update up, went on an hour long walk, and came back with 50 more reads. Now, we're up to 8.5K!!!!!

I honestly love you guys so much ♥♥♥

Anyways, I'm like so excited right now because Pierce the Veil is performing on Conan tonight and the time is going by so slow. I don't know if I like ever told you guys (I probably did), but the lead singer is my husband. Plus, the drummer is his brother and my love, the guitarist is my baby, and the bassist is my life. (If you cant tell, I love them all)

I'm sorry

hehehehe Mike, Tony, Jaime, and Vic ♥♥♥

I'm so so sorry.

Anyways, LOVE YOU GUYS AND PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND YEAH

I need more requests if that isn't too much to ask.

Luv ya ~Miki