Chapter three - CATastrophic!

Hello again, Vote,Comment, tell me your thoughts i hope you like it! enjoy! feel free to point out any mistakes as per usual i havent edited

thank you so much- Mariam xx :D

Chapter Three- Catastrophic

Sinking deeper into my armchair i focused on my next move.

The blazing fire lit the cosy room now. Mrs Pendall had left a few hours ago, in her words she left me with Benson so we 'boys could bond and chat'. Pfft. I reckon Benson and I had probably tired her with our prattle and bickering. The situation could be seen as miserable- Here we were on a Friday evening playing monopoly. Lets be honest here, boardgames are only ever fun if you are winning! I'm not...evidently. I smashed My rainbow banknotes across the oak table. Craning my neck to face a bewildered  Benson- who with a puckered expression plastered across his face, was speechless for once.

"Benny" - I smirked evilly, proud at my cunning use of my nickname for Benson.

"Yes Xi-Xi?" the bufoon pondered,faking innocence. Ignoring this jibe I continued:

"Well...Benson....Me and you, You and I, here we are plopped her on Friday night acting like old boringGranny's and-"

"You my friend, are right!" shrieked Bensen as he clambered messily to his feet Hastily dragging me from my little cottage

I'm always right I corrected silently to myself, while being unmercifully pulled by Benny. Trust me after knowing and being acquainted with Benson for a few hours, you relax and well....just go with his bloody mental flow. I soon found myself following Benson with an eager bounce in my step, eager for fun.

Pausing to admire the scene as we awaited by the car, i observed in awe; The sun began to set lowly against the electric ocean, inking the seas with soft yellow glimmers and lacing the white sand with glitter and glow. It was no surprise that within a few moments Benson's booming voice cracked my sweet reverie.

"Phone? -check, wallet? -check, keys? -check, apple? -check."

I snorted disbelievingly as i dropped into Benson's Navy mini-cooper

"You Doofus, why on Earth would you  need an apple?" I scoffed.

Benson froze dramatically, stopping in mid air as his finger hovered above his long nose. 

"my, my my, well my dear imbecile, apples are my bite in life.....and we own a little orchard,I'll show you tomorrow mate"

The rush of blood rung and buzzed in my ears. My head was spinning. Literally, my life flashed before my eyes, after a few short minutes of driving with Benson, bile burned in my throat. Don't get me wrong,I'm an adrenaline junky, but this was one step to far! even by my lowly standards, I drove a motorbike For goodness sake! Benson was crazier than I thought.

" I AM NEVER DOING THAT EVER AGAIN, I'm never ever driving with you! ever.ever.ever. -You maniac! you complete mentalist man, you are a bad nut." I concluded huffily crossing my arms. You wanna know what Benson did? He bloody chuckled! Fool.

For the second time this evening I reluctantly trailed after the ample blonde man ahead.

We were tracing a Forrest trail, The moon emitted a pearly glow, as it hung, glowing among the stars.  Itrudged, along path with Benson stomping and thrashing ahead creatively...or crazily whatever floats ya boat? we walked and walked, finally the dense shrubbery lessened and i glimpsed a small clearing ahead.

"We are here Xi-Xi" Benson sang, exaggeratedly wiping sweat from his forehead "You ought to get started on the fire Xi, Oh- and don't look so disappointed my mates will be arriving soon, don't scare them!"

My mouth bolted open "Me? scary!?" I spluttered- I really wished I could keep my cool but this wasludicrous! With the amount of time I've spent with Benson i wont be surprised if someone told my i was on the brink of heart failure!

Benson winked, An evil grin stretched across his lips. Benson chuckled happily to himself as he sauntered off to gather more wood, as i continued to flounder with a fire in the centre of the meadow.

Right. I have found a lot of wisdom, recently, but this is by far the most profound. Never get distracted by your own thoughts. Never.

There i was propped against the bark of tree, comfortably by the flourishing fire admiring the dancing flames, peacefully, contentedly. when all of a sudden, BAAAAAAM!?

the musty fur-ball scent invaded my nostrils before i noticed the this animal pelleting full speed at me! the lumpish furball writhed and scratched, pawing angrily at my legs.

my piercing scream striked the previously serene night. My eyes seemed to bug out of my skull. In withering Panic I yanked my frame up to full height the cat leaped and tumbled to leafy ground.

"Fuck,Shit,Fuck?"

I had been attacked by a raging, wild....small fluffy tabby cat? Crinkling my nose dubiously trying to restore calm I clamped my jaw and spun on the balls of my feet. I Tripped over the body at my feet.

The body convulsed dangerously, the body belonged to Benson, Benson was laughing hysterically.

"HAHABAHAHAHAAA. Y-your faaace! oh Berty, Haha x-x-Xi haha"

It seemed the furry rodent cat thingy had a name-Berty.

I swear centuries passed before Benson stopped his guffawing and managed to stand still.

"so Xi...this is ol' Berty or Bert or Albert, it depends really, his hobbies are flying and tuna..." HIs words faded awkwardly as he noticed my probably thunderous expression. Grinning sheepishly to himselfBenson scooped the Bert into his hands as the creature lapped at his fingers.

I merely grunted in response, and turned my back to hide the devious smile tugging at my lips-

Revenge is a dish best served cold, I thought smugly to myself.