Chapter One

Grace's POV
Today was the first day of Junior Year and I was terrified. I mean I've been here for two years already but I still had no friends. I've gotten used to of sitting alone in every class, including lunch, and everyone laughing at me when I answer a question wrong or not even being able to speak because I'm so nervous. You don't have any idea how many times I've tried to make friends in this school but no one ever wants to even look at me for 2 seconds, so how would they deal with hanging out with me? I just wish I could be homeschooled but my parents won't pay for it.
    *Ding*
    I groan as the bell rings for first period, Math. I quickly grab my things and speed walk to the classroom.
    "You're late Grace. Please take your seat next to Mr.Brock,"my teacher says gesturing to the seat next to Mr.Brock and the whole class stares at me. I don't say anything as I walk to my seat. I take a quick glance at the guy sitting next to me. I've next seen him before. He's wearing a red sweatshirt with a black shirt underneath. He's kind of hiding under his hood so I couldn't see his face. I look at him again but this time he catches me. I quickly turn my head back to the board.
    "Okay class today we are talking about-"My focus on the teacher is cut off by the guy sitting next to me,"Hey do you have a pencil I can borrow?" his warm breath on my ear sends shivers down my spine.
    "I uh- I'll check,"I say going through my pencil bag and I find one,"Uh here."
    "Thanks,"he says smirking while taking the pencil out of my hand. I turn my attention back to the board.
    After a long day of school I finally got home.
    "Hey mom I'm home!" I yell. No answer. I walk into the kitchen to see a note on the counter.
    Had to go back to work, working until 12:00 tonight. Be safe and I'll see you tomorrow- Mom
    I sigh putting the note down. My moms a nurse so I've kind of gotten used to her not always being home. I walk upstairs and into my room. As I pass my window I notice, at the corner of my eye, that there's somebody in the bedroom across from mine. I look through my window trying not to get caught. I realize that the guy is the one from my Math class. I wonder how long he's been there, the room doesn't seem to have any boxes so he couldn't have just moved in. I should go visit him.
    I walk back downstairs and start walking to his house. I approach the door and ring the doorbell. Then a women opens the door.
    "Umm... hello,"she says.
    "Hi uh- my name is Grace I live next door and I was wondering if I could talk to Colby?"I ask.
    "Oh sure come on in,"she says letting me in.
    "So, umm how long have you been here?" I ask.
    "Almost a year now,"she says.
    "Oh sorry I've never came over to say hi before,"I apologize as we enter her living room.
    "Oh it's no big deal. Colby doesn't really like having people over here,"she says as we sit down.
    "Oh,"I say blankly.
    "Yeah so let me go get him. You can sit down if you would like,"she says then walks out.
    I sit down and wait for them. After awhile they walk in.
    "Okay, I have to go to work but I'll be back later. So see later,"she says then walks out the door. Colby sits down and we awkwardly sit in silence for a bit just staring at a wall until I brake it.
    "So umm this weather uh- is pretty nice isn't it?"I say. He lets out a little chuckle but then goes back to his emotionless self.
    "Umm... what kind of music do you listen to?"I ask.
    "You don't need to know,"he says.
    "Oh umm.. okay,"I say mumbling the last part.
    "Hey Colby I-""Why did you come here?"Colby interrupts.
    "W- what do you mean?"I ask.
    "I mean why did you come here?"I asks sternly.
    "Because I noticed that you lived here and I wanted to say hi,"I explain.
    "Why would you want to talk to me?"
    "You seemed to be kind of lonley and I wanted to be your friend."
    "Well maybe I like having no friends and being alone all the time,"he says blankly.
    "Wow that doesn't seem very fun,"I say.
    "Who cares anyways?"he asks.
    "I do."
    "Well stop!"
    "Why?"
    "Because I don't want anyone caring about what I do or who I am!"
    "Ok whatever I guess I'll just go,"I say standing up and then walk towards the door.
    "Have a nice night!"Colby yells. I walk out slamming the door. Why doesn't he want to be friends?
    I walk into the house then start getting ready for bed. As I'm getting ready I see Colby in in his room. I try to get his attention by waving my hands around while walking towards the window. Once I get his attention he gets up and closes his curtains. What the hell? I ignore what he just did and finish getting ready.
    I get into bed and fall asleep thinking about Colby.
.
.
.
A/N first chapter of Lost! Hopefully you enjoyed!