That First Look

Cole's P.O.V

Today is my 17th birthday and its also the day I find my mate. Oops, I guess I forgot to mention that I'm a werewolf.

Anyway, I just got out of the shower and now I'm on my way down stairs so I can eat before I got to school. As soon as I got downstairs my mom grabbed me in a bone crushing hug.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe my baby is seventeen, I'm not old enough for this!" she yelled

"And, don't forget he is old enough to find his mate to." My big brother who moved out last year said from the kitchen.

"What are you doing here Brent?" I asked as I gave him a big hug.

"Can't a big brother come by to say happy birthday to his little brother?" he asked but I knew that wasn't the reason that he was here.

"You came to drop your laundry off and get some breakfast, right?" I asked and Brent sheepishly nodded.

I laughed but was cut short when my mom started talking again.

"Oh my your going to be able to become Alpha in a little while." realization finally hit her.

Now some of you maybe confused.You see the reason that I'm becoming Alpha and Brent isn't, is because he passed up the opportunity. he didn't want all the power he just wanted a regular family. Of course, he still loves the pack its just that he didn't want all the responsibility and pressure of being alpha (he is really bad under pressure)

I just laughed at mom and said bye so I could get to school. I walked out of the house and hopped into my black Chevy Silverado 3/4 ton truck and drove to school.

When I arrived I parked in my usual parking spot and headed towards the main doors. My best friend Andy came up next to me and we walked to first hour together.

We had every hour together so we just walked together.

As we were walking to class which was Mrs. Clark, Social Studies I bumped into a tiny figure.

I looked down to see a boy about 5'7. Compared to my 6'2 he was tiny. I bent down and picked up his books for him and when I handed them to him I took the opportunity to get a good look at him. He had bright sky blue eyes, black hair that swept across his face and over his eyes and he had a flawless face, no pimples or zits anywhere.

He reached over to grab his books from me and when his hand brushed mine violent yet wonderful sparks erupted in my hand so I jerked back. I guess he felt the same thing because he also jerked back letting the books slam to the floor. I took a quick glance at Andy who was standing there awkwardly then I looked back at the boy in front of me.

I felt my wolf take control.

'Mine' I growled and grabbed him and slammed him against the lockers. His breathe hitched as I nuzzled my nose in the crook of his neck. I felt my canines grow out and I think Andy saw them because he pulled me off of the kid.

I looked at the blue eyes beauty and saw fear in his eyes. Next I looked at Andy and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away.

"How is that possible?!" Andy exclaimed.

"I don't know but I'm not sure if my dad will allow it." I know that if I told my dad that my mate was a guy he would probably take the alpha position away and give Brent another shot at it. I love my brother but he already had his chance to become alpha and didn't take it.

Through out the rest of the day I couldn't focus because my mind was centered around that blue eyed boy with perfectly wind swept hair.

After 6th hour I had football practice and since I'm the team captain and the quarter back I can't just skip it. after I changes into my gym clothes I walked out to the field with Andy once again by my side.

I looked up into the bleachers, I'm not sure why its just like something was over there begging for my attention. when I glanced over there I saw my mate sitting there writing in a notebook with his earbuds in.

Andy nudged my ribs to pull me out of my thoughts. When I was mostly focused we started running laps. After we ran we did a bunch of sit ups and push ups then ended with partnering up and throwing the ball back and forth.

After practice I just ate out with the rest of the team then went home, showered, and went to bed. I was determined to know that boys name tomorrow.

**Edited**