Chapter 3

The café was located by the sea. It was a small white building with the words 'Ocean Café' written on the wall. There were tables and chairs set up outside.

Zac and Weilan entered the café. Inside, there was a large red sofa stretching out along the left wall with some wooden tables placed in front of it, and there were several more circular tables dotted around the café, each with four chairs.

At the back there was the counter with the till and plates of muffins and cookies. To the left of the counter there was a small stage, where they performed live gigs every night.

At the end of the café there was a small shop with three stand full of dresses and two changing rooms with wooden doors.

David, Carly, and Evie were all inside the café.

David was in Zac's classes at school, and he was the owner of the café, as well as the cook and waiter. He had light skin, a thin squared face and light brown curly hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a green shirt with black jeans and he was wiping up one of the tables with a cloth.

Carly was the waitress of the café, and Evie's best friend. Carly had a round face, and her bright blue eyes were her best feature. She had pair skin, and light blonde hair which she always wore in a pony tail. She was wearing a red blouse and black leggings. She was stood behind the counter, filling up the little glass cabinet with cans of soda.

Evie owned the clothes shop in the café. She had a thin tanned face with brown straight hair and dark eyes. She was wearing a white flowery T-shirt and blue jeans, and was arranging some new stock on the shelf.

Zac immediately went over to Evie. "Hi beautiful," he grinned.

Evie turned to face him and smiled. "Hi yourself."

Zac hugged Evie, and Weilan pretended to throw up.

"Yikes, get a room, you two," Weilan said.

Evie looked at Weilan. "... We're hugging."

"And it's disgusting," Weilan retorted.

Evie slipped out of Zac's grasp. "Fine, whatever."

Zac headed over to the counter. "Hey, David. Can I - "

"- have a fish burger with lettuce, cucumber and no tomato?" David replied. Then he smiled and produced the sandwich wrapped in a plastic bag. "Zac, you ask for the same thing every morning."

"You, good sir, are amazing," Zac grinned, pointing at David and scooping up his sandwich.

David then took another sandwich wrapped in a white bag and handed it to Weilan. "And here's your ham and cheese sandwich."

Weilan took it and smiled. "Thanks."

"Oh, David, I have some good news for you," Zac said.

"Yeah?" David asked.

Zac nodded. "Yes, guess who's in town?"

David paused, thinking. "Eminem?" He asked.

"No."

"Justin Timberlake?"

Zac laughed. "No, sorry."

David shrugged, smiling. "I give up. Who is it?"

Zac grinned. "Drum roll, please - " he drummed his hand on the counter for a few seconds, " - SIRENA!! "

David's eyes widened with both shock and excitement. "Really?!"

David and Sirena were dating, and he hadn't seen her for almost three months.

"Carly, did you hear that?" David asked excitedly. "Sirena's back! You and her could do a duet tonight at the live gig!"