Chapter 22: Drowning

Nagisa's POV

We were all sitting in class, having our break. As usual, I'm chatting with Kaede in my desk.

I then noticed Kataoka-san talking with Okano-san. She seems a lot happier now, since we helped her with her problem.

She had a "friend" in the main building who kept using her. We ended up playing a sort of play while she was asleep, and when she woke up, she thought it was a dream.

Me, Kaede, Kataoka-san, and Koro-sensei all dressed up as fish, complete with headdress and stuff. The area was filled with water, too.

Kataoka-san then taught her how to swim, since Koro-sensei made a whirlpool in the water.

After that "dream," she stopped using Kataoka-san.

"She seems much better." Kaede said.

I looked at her, smiling, "Yeah."

Suddenly, we heard Okajima-kun shouting from the door, "You guys, come look at this!! Something happened to the pool!!"

The pool?

We all went there, and what we saw was shocking. The pool was completely destroyed, the chairs were all in pieces, and the water was filled with wooden chips and trash.

Maehara-kun looked at it and scoffed, "Tch, it's all busted up..."

Okuda-chan picked up a soda can from the ground, "Even going and throwing garbage in... How awful... Who would do such a thing?"

I looked around, and saw Terasaka-kun and his gang smirking.

Yoshida-kun said, "Uh-oh... What a bummer~"

"No big loss, you know? I mean, pools are a pain in the ass." Muramatsu-kun said.

I kept looking at them, suspicious.

Terasaka-kun walked towards me, "What are you lookin' at, Nagisa?"

He grabbed the collar of my uniform, "Do you... really think we're the culprits? That's not gonna bring you anywhere."

Karma-kun grabbed his arm, giving off deadly glare, "Hands off, Terasaka."

Terasaka-kun instantly let go of me, "Tch."

"You're completely right, searching for the culprit would be no good. So there's no need to do it." Koro-sensei said.

In a blink of an eye, the pool was all fixed, the wooden chairs that was broken into small bits was fixed, and the garbage was all gone, "There you go, good as new! Now go play as you always do."

"Kaay!" The class said.

I looked at Terasaka-kun and his gang, they looked annoyed.

Karma-kun suddenly had a water gun and sprayed Koro-sensei's head, sticking his tongue out. He gave out a loud shriek, "Nyuhaa!!"

"Karma-kun! Please don't do that!"

We all laughed.

After a while, Sugino-kun asked me, "Is something up with Terasaka?"

"Well... Those three haven't been active in studying or assassination since the beginning, but..." I said.

I looked down, "You could say that Terasaka-kun's been particularly irritated, and he was probably the main culprit in the pool's destruction."

Sugino-kun put his arms behind his head, "Just leave'im be. Guys like him who never give up bullying are such killjoys."

Karma-kun smiled, "I think not enjoying yourself in a classroom where it's okay to kill is such a waste though~"