Chapter 14: Sports

Nagisa's POV

It's been about a week since Karma-kun and I started dating. It's going pretty well.

Karma-kun made it pretty obvious, he'll hug me in public, or attempt to kiss me in class.

I was always embarrassed to do these, so I always whine when he does try to does it. But I'm okay with holding hands or him just putting his arms over me and rests his head on mine.

And that's exactly what he's doing now. I was walking with him and Sugino-kun outside.

We were passing the baseball field when we saw someone throwing the ball. "Pitching" as they say.

And wow, that ball sure went fast. He seemed to notice Sugino-kun looking at him.

He said, "Well, if it isn't Sugino! It's been a while."

Sugino-kun walked over to him, "...Yeah."

The other members gathered, "Ooh, it's Sugino!"

"Geez, show your face now and then, will ya?"

Sugino-kun laughed, "Haha, you guys're kinda embarrassing me."

I looked at them, "Sugino-kun sure is popular."

Karma-kun nodded, "Well, he was in the baseball club."

One of the members spoke, "You're gonna participate in next week's ball game, right?"

"Oh, come to think of it, I haven't decided yet. I definitely want to." Sugino-kun said.

"We're looking forward to it."

Another member spoke, "But man Sugino, you sure got it good. You're in class E, so you can fool around all the time, right?"

"We've got studying and club activities to do, so we're really worn out."

Sugino-kun stayed silent. I got angry and tried to intervene, "Hey-"

But Karma-kun grabbed my arm and shaked his head.

The guy pitching earlier tapped their shoulder, "Drop it, you'll make him feel bad."

He smiled, "He isn't one the being chosen, so there's no need to balance academics with club activities."

"Hmm, amazing." Karma-kun spoke.

"You act as if you lot were the chosen ones."

The guy smiled, "Yup. That's right."

We stayed silent. I can't believe this guy...

"Don't like it? Then this year, at the next ball game, we'll show you the huge gap that's opened between the chosen ones who stand above humankind, and everyone else."

They walked away, and we decided to go back to class.

"Sugino-kun, who was he?" I asked.

He sighed, "He's Shindou Kazutaka, the captain of the baseball club. He's as good as the pros out there."

"He's that good? Wow..."

"Anyway, we better tell Koro-sensei."

-Time skip-

Isogai-kun was writing on the board, while Koro-sensei was looking at a piece of paper. "The inter-class ball game tournament. Hm... Cultivated healthy minds and sports... How splendid!"

He looked at the paper again, "Still, why isn't class E in the tournament table?"

"'Cause class E's not allowed to enter the main tournament. Instead, we gotta participate in an exhibition in the end." Mimura-kun spoke up.