Chapter 17: Someday In The Rain

Nagisa's POV

It was the end of the day, and I still had some work to do. Some stuff that I missed while I was absent.

I sighed as I pulled out my book and opened it.

W-what is this!? Is this some... ancient language and writings I don't understand!?

Little did I know, they were just math problems.

Soon after, Kaede walked past me, "Hey, Nagisa, wanna go home together?"

I smiled, "Sorry, I still have this to work on."

"Oh, I see. Good luck!"

"Yeah, thanks!" I said as she walked out.

Man, this is gonna take long.

"Need help with that?"

I turned to see Karma-kun, walking towards me.

"Oh... Maybe, haha."

He sat down in the seat in front of me, looking at my book.

"Oh, this. You just need to..."

-Time skip cause I don't want to think about math-

"Yes! I'm done!" I exclaimed happily.

It took way shorter than I thought it would. Well, Karma-kun is really smart after all.

I smiled at him, "Thanks, Karma-kun!"

He pat my head, "Yeah, no problem. Let's go home."

I looked at the time. It was getting pretty late. I grabbed my bag and walked outside with Karma-kun.

As we walked down the hill, we noticed that the sky was getting pretty dark.

"Ah, I didn't bring an umbrella..." I said.

"Me too."

Not long after that, it started to drizzle. That drizzle turned into heavy rain soon enough.

"Ah!" I exclaimed as I covered my head with my hand. Karma-kun grabbed my hand and started running to a bus stop.

Now we're all drenched. Darn...

Karma's POV

Avoid the thoughts.... Avoid the thoughts, Karma....

I blushed as I looked at Nagisa. She looked kinda cute.

I looked at the sky, "Looks like it won't let up for a while. Let's wait here until it stops."

She nodded, "But that's strange, the weather forecast didn't say it was gonna rain..."

We sat down, and waited.

After a while, I noticed that Nagisa was covering her body with her arms, shivering.

I took off my wet jacket and covered her.

"Huh? But what about you?" She asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine."

She smiled, "Thank you, Karma-kun!"

Oh, how I love seeing that smile. I wish I could see it forever.

She leaned her head on my shoulder. I blushed, realizing what she's doing.

"Hey, Karma-kun, I feel like you've done so many nice things to me. And I've never done anything in return."

"Just seeing you smile is enough~" I said playfully.

She looked at me, then smiled.

She then laughed, "Hey, that was kinda cheesy."

We laughed, not remembering the coldness from our bodies and the wind anymore.

I pulled her into a hug. She rested her head on my chest.

"Thanks again, Karma-kun."

We didn't seem to notice, but the rain stopped ages ago, revealing a beautiful sunset.
__________________

I just wrote what popped up in my head. And, this was the result. Crappy.

Bye~