Chapter 26: Presents

Nagisa's POV

Summer vacation finally started!!

This is the season where you just want to sit down under an umbrella in the beach eating watermelon. Or eat ice cream and popsicles all day...

Ah, right. In this summer vacation, there's gonna be a special event, an assassination in Okinawa Island Resort! It's about two weeks away, so we still have some time to relax.

I sat on my couch while eating my popsicle.

"Summer vacation, huh... It's already late July? Time flies..." I thought.

I looked at the calendar. July 20.

"...July 20th?"

My eyes widened, and I stood up, "My birthday!!"

I continued to eat my popsicle, "Hm... Maybe I should treat myself!"

I threw away my now-finished popsicle, and walked upstairs to my room to change. Since it's summer, I'm wearing a yellow short sleeved top tucked in some shorts.

My mom wasn't home, so I took the key and locked my house going out.

I decided to buy a small cake from a cafe nearby. While walking, I thought about Karna-kun.

"Now that I think about it... Have I ever told Karma-kun my birthday? I don't think so... Oh well..."

I continued walking towards the cafe happily.

Karma's POV

"Today is Nagisa's birthday!?" I shouted into my phone.

Kayano screamed, "Eeeh!? No way!! You didn't know!?"

"I didn't! She never told me..." I said.

"Well, what are you waiting for!? Go get her a present!! The party is this evening, so you still have time!"

I got up from my bed, "R-right!"

I hung up and quickly got changed. I went out, running to find a present.

"What would Nagisa like...? Knowing her, she would like cupcakes and puddings... No!! I can't give her those!!"

I slowed down, and looked around. I saw a teddy bear shop. "Would she like a bear?" I walked closer to it and looked around.

While looking, I saw a familiar blonde girl browsing through the stuffed bears. She noticed me and shouted, "Hey, Karma!"

I walked over to her, "Hey, Nakamura."

"Looking for a present for Nagisa too? I decided to buy her a blue teddy bear." She said, lifting up her plastic she was holding.

"What are you giving her?" She asked.

"I'm looking for it now."

"What!? You of all people should have prepared beforehand!" She pointed a finger at me.

I walked out, "Well, see ya. I'm gonna find a present."

"Wait! You can't go by yourself! Who knows what you're gonna buy for her!"

I looked back, "I'll be fine. I'll find one eventually."

"Do you know what to give her?"

"...No..."

She walked forward, grinning, "Well, off we go!!"

I sighed, and followed behind her.

She looked over to the side of the road, and smiled.