✧ jaebum's short stories: part six

Jaebum's Short Stories;

Part Six: Jealousbum

You may think that Youngjae and I's relationship is like a fairy tail, but it's definitely had its ups and downs.

Most of those downs were because of me, just because I'm an idiot and say the wrong things a lot. I get jealous really easily, especially regarding Youngjae. He's mine, and I don't want anyone touching him.

That's why being an idol is so hard, because there's all those die-hard Youngjae stans out there who wanna marry him. I mean, I was one of those stans before all this happened... But that's besides the point. I just get jealous really easily, and it's hard to keep my cool when we're out in public together. But of course, I try, I know that Youngjae hates it when I get angry and make a scene in front of others. It's only happened a few times, but I mean, it was necessary. Let me tell you about one of the worse times.

So, basically Youngjae and I went out to some party after a music show with the rest of the members. Things were going okay until alcohol got flooded into the mix.

My members were drinking, expect for myself, Youngjae, and the maknaes that were underage at the time. (So basically just Jackson, Mark, and Jinyoung.) I chose not to drink just because I know how alcohol and a party can make me, so I refused.

There were a lot of hyungs at the party, so a lot of people were drinking. I sat with the maknae line at the bar, hoping to maybe get some bar food or something since we were hungry, plus Jackson really couldn't handle his drinks on an empty stomach. By his second drink, he was flirting with everything that moved– this was before him and Woojin were a thing, by the way. He was crazy. But nonetheless he acted the same, just with a bit more confidence in his flirting skills (which were also the same, but he'll never admit that).

The maknaes and I sat at the bar for a while, just having small talk about this and that and everything. I was talking to Bambam about the music show earlier, when things started happening to my left. (We sat in order from left to right: Youngjae, me, Bambam, and Yugyeom.)

I mean, I couldn't see it happening at the time, but Yugyeom told me what he saw when we got home that night.

This random stranger had came up to Youngjae while I had my back turned, and was just going to flirt town. He had his hands all over him; rubbing his arms, ruffling his hair, holding his hands, and the thing that pissed me off the most: gripping his thighs and ass.

He was obviously drunk, but that doesn't give him an excuse to practically harass a taken man.

Plus, touch Youngjae's thighs and you're dead. Just because one, he's self conscious of them, and two, they're mine. I mean, not that I've done anything with his thighs (he's so pure pls the farthest we've ever gotten is making out), I'm just saying.

But, anyways.

I finally turned around to say something to Youngjae, when I saw the stranger cupping Youngjae's chin as if he was about to kiss him. I felt a fire light inside me (if any of you bangtan fans make a fire joke I'm leaving), and I was furious.

"Yah, what do you think you're doing?!" I yelled at him, though it wasn't much to be heard with the loud music playing. Youngjae looked at me, and his eyes were lined with tears. That put me over the edge, because no one makes my baby cry. No one.

"You have three seconds to fuck off before I knock you into next week," I said, gritting my teeth.

The fucker just stood there, crossed his arms over his chest, and grinned at me.

If it was legal and I wouldn't go to jail, I would've killed him. Honestly.

He just stood there, holding up his fingers and put one up each second that went by. He ended up with four fingers up, when I rolled up my sleeves and punched him in the face. A gasp traveled through the place, and everyone was staring. I felt my head spinning, as every eye in the place was on me.

Youngjae ran out of the building, and I could hear him crying. My heart broke into a thousand pieces, and I looked down at my hands. They were red and shaky.

The party started to resume once that was over, but I couldn't help but feel terrible. I punched some random stranger just for flirting with my boyfriend.

I ran out of the building, looking around. "Youngjae!" I yelled, looking into the darkness of the night. I couldn't see him, but I could hear his sniffling. I followed the sound, leading me to find Youngjae, who was sat in the grass with a bunch of flowers and greenery. His knees were to his chest, his chin resting on those knees.

"Youngjae." I said, kneeling down to him. "Youngjae, please forgive me..." I was just about at my breaking point, when he lunged over and hugged me tight. I was surprised, but I hugged him back.

"You're always there to protect me," Youngjae said, nuzzling against my chest. "T-Thank you."

"Of course, baby," I said, confused. "You're not mad at me?"

"No?" Youngjae said, sniffling and looking up at me. "You did what a good boyfriend does and protected me. That man..." He took a deep breath, "I felt like he was gonna do bad stuff to me. But I didn't know how to tell you without sounding crazy, just accusing some stranger like that."

"Youngjae..." I said, pulling him closer. "You can always tell me. I'll always protect you, no matter what the situation."

"I love you so much, Bummie."

"I love you too."

;

And that, kiddos, is the story of how I became Youngjae's knight in shining armor. It started out as a tale of jealousy, but then I saved the day. Someone get me a cape or something, I'm a superhero.

Kidding.

But still.

Signing off for now,
Jaebum

a/n: jaebum wildt
lmao

guys we're so close to 100k reads on this story 😭😭 98k. I honestly can't thank you enough for everything that you guys do for me, I'd be nowhere without you. I love you to the ends of this earth! thank you so much for reading and enjoying this story, I appreciate it so much. ❤️

also, I entered this story into the 2016 Watty awards! I probably don't have a chance compared to the amazing authors on here, but it's worth a shot. it ends in august so we'll know then what happens~

anyways, I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em