✧ jaebum's short stories: part four

Jaebum's Short Stories;

Part Four: A Promise

Promise
prom•ise
/prämes/
assure someone that one will definitely do, give, or arrange something; undertake or declare that something will happen.

;

"Youngjae-ah, I'm taking you out! Get ready," I said one day, my heart practically pumping out of my chest. Tonight was going to be a good one, and I didn't want to fuck it up.

"Taking me out?" Youngjae looked up at me, as a wide smile spread across his beautiful face. "Jaebummie! You don't have to,"

"I want to, baby. Now come on, go get ready, we're leaving in a bit." I said, leaning down and leaving a peck on his lips. He nodded, dashing off to our room to get dressed. I did the same, my nerves starting to increase.

It wasn't too much longer until the both of us were ready. I wore a white button down along with a pair of black jeans, and tousled my hair until it was just how I wanted it. Youngjae... just looked stunning. When doesn't he? He wore a nice dress shirt, dark jeans. His hair, for the most part, was like it usually was, and I didn't mind at all. He always looks so beautiful.

"Wow," I said, cupping his cheek. "How am I so lucky to have such a beautiful boyfriend?"

"Aish," Youngjae said, nuzzling against me. "I'm lucky to have you, Bummie."

We headed out then, and I drove us to a nice restaurant. One of Youngjae's favorites, when we went to high class ones.

"Bummie, I love this place!" He said, grabbing my hand as we walked through the parking lot to the front doors.

"I know," I said, smiling. "That's why I chose it."

"You're too good to me," Youngjae said, smiling and leaning up to give my cheek a peck. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said, walking to the restaurant's outside seating and being taken to the table where I made reservations for us. I pulled out Youngjae's chair, let him take a seat, and then sat down myself.

The scenery was quite breathtaking, if I do say so myself. Fairy lights hung around the tables, small lanterns placed here and there for optimal lighting. It was also a prime spot of a beautiful view of the ocean and moonlight, which Youngjae was ecstatic over.

"Bummie, why are we here tonight?" Youngjae asked, his bottom lip between his teeth. "If you're gonna propose... Bummie... I'm just a little too young for that, don't you think? I just–"

"Relax, baby." I laughed softly, laying my hand over his. "I'm not popping the big question on you tonight. I know you aren't ready for that."

"Oh," Youngjae said, sighing in relief. "Okay."

We ordered our drinks and an appetizer, the night just beginning. My heart still couldn't stay still.

The rest of the night seemed to go very smoothly. I mean, why wouldn't it? I was with the love of my life, having the time of my life. It was amazing. Dinner was delicious, and we even got dessert.

But, even after dessert, the night wasn't quite over yet. I payed for the bill, and smiled, taking Youngjae's hand.

"Follow me for a second, will you?" I said, looking at him. Youngjae nodded, smiling.

He gripped my hand tightly as we walked. I took us down to the shore of that beautiful ocean view, and sat down.

"Bummie, what are you doing? It's late, we gotta get home soon..."

"Just sit," I said, patting the spot in the sand next to me. "This'll only take a second." Youngjae nodded, sitting down.

"Youngjae, you gotta promise me something." I said, reaching into my pocket.

"Okay,"

"Promise me... Promise me that you won't leave." I said, feeling like everyone in the world could hear my heart beating out of my chest. "Promise me that you'll stay by my side through the thick and the thin... And won't ever give up on me. I know I can be reckless and stupid sometimes–"

"Bummie," Youngjae said, grabbing my free hand and looking at me. "Don't be silly. I'll always be here," he gave me a soft smile.

"Just promise me," I said, pulling a small box out of my pocket. "Promise to never stop loving me."

"Jaebum, you said you wouldn't," he said, a panicked look in his eyes. "I'm too young, Jaebum–"

"Youngjae, relax," I said, opening up the box. "It's a promise ring. Not a engagement ring."

Youngjae's eyes went back to normal, but his jaw dropped a bit.

"Jaebum..." He whispered, pulling the ring out of the box.

"Read the engraving," I said, bringing him closer. The engraving on the ring read–

I'm in love with you, CYJ.

Youngjae read over it, and I saw his eyes fill with tears.

"Yah, don't cry baby," I said, wiping his eyes.

"I love you so much," Youngjae said, a bright smile spreading across his cheeks as tears traveled down them as well. "I promise."

"I love you so much more." I said, closing the gap between us and pressing our lips together.

He slipped the ring onto his finger, wrapping his arms around my neck.

In that moment, I was truly happy. I had never felt so happy in my life, honestly.

I'm in love.

Signing off for now,
Jaebum

a/n: EEEE MY HEART HURTS FROM WRITING THIS 💞

leave any more suggestions for Jaebum's Short Stories in the comments! please nothing that has to do really with any of the other members, it just doesn't make much since for Jaebum's stories to be about the others. ok? thanks!

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em