✧ ten

breadchoi has posted a photo.

✧25 likesbreadchoi - im rlly confused rni think someone is trying to catfish me idk but my baby is cute so that's all that matters

✧25 likes
breadchoi - im rlly confused rn
i think someone is trying to catfish me idk
but my baby is cute so that's all that matters

view all 3 comments
wangass - they want ur jaebutt
breadchoi - @wangass every lady (& man) wants a piece of me
wangass - nice

-

Jaebum changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt once he got home, feeling a bit anxious. He hadn't checked the new direct message yet, he didn't know why he was being so finicky about it. Instagram sat open on his phone, the orange notification driving him half insane while he was changing clothes.

He exhaled heavily, settling on his bed and shakily taking his phone into his hands. He stared at the notification for another good three minutes, just staring and listening to the faint sound of the television across the room.

He slowly moved his finger to the message, hovering over it as he bit his lip. His thumb was shaking. He felt like he was going to explode any minute now, and he didn't even know why. It was just a stupid message.

This person is probably still messing with me,

He thought to himself, putting his nerves a bit at ease. He clicked on the message box, bringing him to the conversation with 'Youngjae'.

breadchoifan >

"Jaebummie! I have to be quiet right now because the hyungs are near  me

"Jaebummie! I have to be quiet right now because the hyungs are near me... But I wish you were here to share this ice cream with me! I love you~"

Jaebum listened closely as Youngjae whispered to the camera, waving his ice cream around the camera and then eating it.

He didn't realize until afterwards, but Jaebum was holding his breath. He shakily exhaled, watching the video again.

It was real.

Choi Youngjae was talking to him.

Choi Youngjae was breadchoifan.

Choi Youngjae wanted to share his ice cream with Im Jaebum.

Jaebum couldn't help but let a bright smile come onto his face. It didn't feel real, but it was. Right here, right now, it was real. This proof wasn't just something a catfish could make up.

His heart was beating a mile a minute. No, scratch that, thirty miles a minute.

Choi Youngjae loved him.

Choi Youngjae loved Im Jaebum.

Jaebum laid flat on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He held his phone in front of his eyes, his thumbs hovering over the text box.

< breadchoi
choi youngjae

To his surprise, the other was online. Right when he sent the message, small text underneath said 'seen'.

breadchoifan >
you believe me now?

< breadchoi
yes.

breadchoifan >
i love you.

< breadchoi
i...
love you too.

-

Jaebum did some thinking over the next few days. Through work and everything else he had going on in his daily life, Choi Youngjae was the only thing on his mind. Nothing new though, right? He was usually on his mind before all this mess happened.

Though, it was different than before. Youngjae would message him daily, and he felt like he had a purpose in life now. Someone to be living for. Not just living to keep himself stable. For Choi Youngjae.

breadchoifan >
good morning, bummie!
have a good day~
don't work too hard~

It made his heart do flips and his stomach feel like a thousand butterflies taking off into a field of flowers.

He hadn't been posting on Instagram much. He felt that he wanted to keep this thing a secret, at least for the most part. He posted about Youngjae and things going on with Got6, but not anything personal anymore.

Late one night, Jaebum was up texying Youngjae. He looked at the time before he sent his next message.

3:57 am

It was bad for his sleep schedule, but he didn't care. Talking to Youngjae was the only thing that mattered anymore.

He was about to say goodnight, his eyes wouldn't stop closing on their own so he figured he might as well get some sleep.

< breadchoi
im gonna sleep, ok?
goodnight, youngjae.
love you.

He was setting his phone on the charger and was about to lay his head down when his phone lit up one more time.

breadchoifan >
wait
can I ask you a question before you go? it's kinda important

Jaebum sighs softly, unlocking his phone and tapping in a response.

< breadchoi
sure, go ahead

Youngjae responded a minute later, Jaebum's face heating up in the darkness of his room.

breadchoifan >
i have the day off tomorrow.
let's... meet up, maybe?
if you want to, of course.
I already told the hyungs that i'm going to see family, so they wouldn't suspect.
goodnight, bummie.
i love you too.

---

a/n: aYyy I'm sorry I haven't updated in a bit, I've been super busy n shit

yay for cliffhangers, right? ((;

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em